The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-12-2024

The prediction here was winter storm watch Friday evening and blizzard Saturday. The snow started just after 6:00. There may be a change to add rain about midnight.

No exciting jobs here.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-13-2024

Good morning good people of Big Blue, I know, some of you are blue from the low temps. We here in the desert will finally break into the 60's today and hit the mid-70's by the end of the week. Something weird about the NWS, they report the new snow and snow depth levels for Phoenix where we might get a trace every 10 years, but don't for Prescott where it does snow frequently every year. Typical government stuff....

Going to be a quiet weekend, I guess they have a few playoff games today and tomorrow, I'm deciding between watching the games or watching my weeds die off. Icon_rolleyes Thanks to the recent rain, they're coming up so we sprayed them yesterday in hopes of getting them before the HOA snitch drives by and I get a warning notice. I got a $75 fine a few years ago for having four weeds, I'm glad the fines aren't dependent on how many you have 'cause they're all over my front yard right now. I'm sure the back yard is just as bad, I don't look out there very often. Nope 

Have a great weekend, sleep in, (I did), do what you want and skip the have-to's if you can...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-13-2024

Greetings, gang.

2 going to -4 by the end of the day and then -15 overnight. Very typical cold weather after a big storm. Won't get above 0 until Wednesday according to the NWS.

Just back from running the snow blower for the third time. May need to do it one more time over the weekend. Not much else going on. Laundry today and Tomorrow I'll be going to a 70th anniversary celebration for some friends. Since my car is still on the disable listed my daughter has agreed to take me (and bring me back).

All stay safe and warm.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-14-2024

Good morning, temperatures heading up, gas prices heading down. Not much else to talk about. I just spent a few minutes watching one of the games yesterday, not sure, but I think they played two. Then there's something about postponing a couple because of the weather. I had other things to do that were more important and more interesting, so we'll see how today goes. I am realizing that those announcers are becoming a major irritant, they keep up a steady prattle about what just happened, what happened ten years ago and what is going to happen. Seems like each year I have less and less interest in watching a football game, but then we have this new league starting to play which might change that.

Take care everyone, bad storms everywhere. Stay home and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-14-2024

Good morning/
       I had a colonoscopy on Friday and no problems at all so the doctor said I won't need to do it any more.  I started with these in 2009 and they found 10 polyps, all benign, 3 years later it was the same results, in 2014 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer so in addition to the radiation I started taking turkey tail mushroom. in 2016 the colonoscopy showed only 3 polyps which was a great improvement and then this one with zero.  I lost my grandfather and my mother both to colon cancer so I am very relieved (grand father was 89, and mom was 94). I have heard a lot of good about turkey tail mushroom helping cancer patients so I hope it will keep the prostate cancer at bay.  

It is bitter cold here today, almost like it is January.  I have no plans to go out. 

Cheers and best wishes to everyone. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-15-2024

Good morning all, another government holiday today, no mail, a few celebrations and no school for the kids. Shutting the government down for a day will probably save us a good 100 billion dollars of additional debt.

Temps are starting to pick up, we hit the high 60's yesterday and will be in the mid 70's by Friday. After over a week of sub-freezing temps (well, not really here, but up north), we're back to normal.

Not much else going on here. We're just a few days from all those major vehicle auctions and you'll see folks like Jay Leno and other very rich stars and sports figures hanging around with their entourages. If you're just there to look, the Barrett-Jackson auction admission price starts at $30 on days that there is no auction, to $71 if there is. That does not include "extra fees" and sales tax. As for the very rich, I doubt that they have to pay anything to get in. If you want to sell a vehicle, there's a $1500 entrance fee plus a 10% commission. For buyers, there's an 8% buyer's fee. That means if a car sells for $100,000, they grab $19,500 of that. Not a bad business since some vehicles sell in the millions.

Y'all relax today if you can, in any event, have a great and safe day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-15-2024

Hello Blue.
We have sun at -4 degrees. Average high for this time of year is 32. Today will be +6, maybe.
We had a club meet on Saturday eve. Dry roads going, snow flying all the way home.
I watched the Lions win last night, it's been many many years since we've had a team this good.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-15-2024

Supposed to get 1.5" of snow overnight... Just enough to be aggravating!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 01-15-2024

(01-15-2024, 08:05 PM)ngauger Wrote: Supposed to get 1.5" of snow overnight...  Just enough to be aggravating!!

Oh that's all lol? Wish we was that lucky. We are to get 3-5 and there is already school delays for tomorrow.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-16-2024

Good morning everyone, not much change here, temps still rising, should be in the mid-70's by Thursday, it's even warming up in Flagstaff, no new snow there in the past few days, but still have about 7" on the ground. Gas is trickling down, Costco down to $2.89, many others still hanging around $3.15 and up. Some stations giving a ten cent discount for cash.

Heading off to Denny's to meet a friend for breakfast. We pick Tuesday because our favorite waitress works that day. She's friendly and efficient and just a pleasure to see someone that likes what they do for a living. So many impart the idea that they would rather be doing something else. Customer service is at an all time low right now, so thanks to Erica, we enjoy going there.

Take care everyone, stay warm and stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 01-16-2024

Good Morning everyone. Well they snow hasn't stopped just yet and doesn't look like it is going too. Wake up this morning to Penndot's grader coming down main street which is never a good sign for our area. Today will consist of shoveling, keeping warm, letting the dog out, etc etc. I do have to get my daughter from school today and get her to her doctors appointment. It will be an adventure considering the salt the plow trucks are throwing down isn't melting the snow. It is 17 degrees with the real feel around 4-5 degrees. 

Other than all that I have a few more trains to get ready for paint and to finish painting. Once everything is painted then I will get the decals out and start applying them. Hope everyone has a great day and stay warm if its snowing and cold where you live.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-16-2024

hi all. well, Monday slipped by again , things are about the same here cold but no snow if we do get snow here I'm out of here headed south. Did use up another 10 cent bottle of pactra.
stay safe and warm Jim.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-17-2024

(01-16-2024, 11:04 AM)jim currie Wrote: hi all. well, Monday slipped by again , things are about the same here cold but no snow if we do get snow here I'm out of here headed south. Did use up another 10 cent bottle of pactra.
stay safe and warm Jim.

The same here, I keep thinking about the song by the McGuire sisters, "chilly in the morning....", except that changes to "warm" around noon.

Good morning good people, I know some of you are battling snow and freezing temps, I hope you can manage through it. We'll be in the 70's for a few days, then back down again with rain starting on Sunday. That could change, but it's OK either way, sunshine is good, but we really need the rain.

Need to fill up today, both Costco and Sam's are down to $2.79 locally, even less in other parts of the valley (I see one station at $2.50), but typically $3.09 and up.

That's it for now, heading off to Sofia's for her breakfast special, eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast and coffee for $8.50, about $5.00 less than other places, many are charging up to $3.89 just for coffee. I do remember when coffee was a nickle and went up to a dime. Yeah, it does age me, but I am old and won't deny it. Take care, stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-17-2024

Greetings, gang.

Snow and cold here but warming back to the 30s next week. That comes from the National Weather Service so I'm sure it's 100% accurate.

Pretty quiet around here. I've been slowly cleaning my shop along with finishing a few other household projects. Yesterday afternoon I arranged to rent a couple of cars. I have some doctor appointments out of town. Still no resolution for the recall on my car so I'm very concerned about travel out of town with it.

In other news there is no other news. Just staying inside and staying warm.

Gas jumped from $2.58 to $2.79.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-17-2024

Hello Blue
Just checking in as the very cold temps have kept us indoors. We are out of milk but got everything else we need. The current temp is +2, soaring to 17 this afternoon. I have been starting the car each day to let it run till warm. We shall reach 30 by Monday, so they say.
S.J.