The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-22-2024

Hello Blue
Cloudy this morning, temps are 18/30 for the day. Like many others we are finally coming out of the deep freeze. A very red sky this morning got it right. Rain sleet and snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow. A big win for the Detroit Lions yesterday, it's been many years since Lion fans have had a winning team. No train news, we have been hibernating. At least the outside car has been starting, I run it till the motor gets warm.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-22-2024

Good morning, a chilly one for here, 51 going on 60. It rained on and off all day yesterday, got all of .1", but more is on the schedule for today.  and tomorrow. Flagstaff got more rain than snow, but that could change today.

Got a couple of days with no appointments, nothing urgent to do so who knows.

Gas is dropping, Costco/Sam's down to $2.79, others at $2.89 (cash only), and up. Good time for the government to restock, but they won't.

Just everyone take it easy today, be careful and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 01-23-2024

Good Afternoon Everyone, Well the past few days have been a little busy with doctors appointments. Today I did get the mine back out and started adding rust decals to it so that it looks a little worn and weathered. The temps are starting to slowly climb and the snow is starting to melt. This next storm that is coming in is supposed to be all rain but different weather apps are saying a mixture of rain and ice. So who truly knows what this storm is going to do. Nothing really else has been going on lately. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Take Care.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-24-2024

Lots of snow last week....lots of rain this week....
Ran trains for a bit
Bought another 3D printer (on sale)
Won a local auction... A Lionel Toonerville Trolley
Made a few prints on the new printer
Wife's car decided to turn over but not run... It's in the shop now Sad Sad
The more people that "remember" I'm semi-retired, the more things they find that "I" can do.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-24-2024

Good morning folks

It is currently 36 going up to 45 with rain coming.

Spent some of the evening working on finishing up taking down the Christmas tree. It is taking us longer this year because I have to be careful with my hip and back which means no heavy lifting. This means that someone else has to carry the full bins up to the attic.

I am 99.5% completed with the Ashmore Hotel kit. I painted and added the roof details. All that is left is some touch up painting and adding the signs. I am not sure if I am adding the signs. My Walthers Proto PRR E8 A-A set came. This completes the General which was Walthers’ named train for 2022. I am not sure if I will pursue any other named train sets. It was supposed to be one or two cars a month but due to delays and such it turned out to be half the set one month and the other half a couple of months later with the locos showing up nearly 6 months after the last car.

Now I need to thing about the next project. I have one more “big” structure for the city. It is Bachmann Spectrum’s Ambassador Hotel. Maybe tonight I will open the box and see what I amin for. I also need to place the Ashmore Hotel on the layout. I find it amazing how I do not work on the layout and suddenly it is filled with things. I need to put some cars back into their bins so I can clear the tracks and run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-24-2024

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and foggy outside my window this morning. 32 now going to 35 later. Ideal conditions for snow runoff. Melting during the day and freezing at night. Provides a slow steady reduction of snow.

Another quiet day passed yesterday. Some grocery shopping in the morning and a trip to the gym after lunch. I woke up super early yesterday morning (3:30) but later on took an hour and a half nap on the couch. Slept better last night.

Mikey - welcome to the wonderful world of retired workers. Seems family/friends find all kinds of things for us to do. I look at it as they are just trying to keep us from getting bored. Shortly after I retired I was nominated to drive the U-haul truck from Omaha to Chicago for my in-laws. 28 foot and towing a trailer. I had never driven anything bigger than a pickup in my life. That trip certainly kept me wide awake!

Gas up a few pennies to $2.54 with one station trying to raise the price to $2.89.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-24-2024

Good morning, kinda damp one, 95% humidity. Could rain, but I doubt it. We has three days of it and didn't quite make 1/2". Temps still not suppose to get too much into the 60's. Going target shooting on Monday, it should be dry and into the mid-70's by then.

Gas prices are crazy, went to breakfast, one station was at $2.99, came back and it was now $3.29, been creeping down, now it's jumping up.

Nothing on my calendar to do today, I might get something done on my layout, at least clean it up so I can see where I left off.

Be careful out there, rain, snow, sleet, freezing temps, all things I see on the TV news. Stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-24-2024

I forgot to mention about gas prices. I got gas in Talleyville, DE on Saturday. Price was $2.99. With my supermarket rewards I paid $2.09.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-24-2024

Good day
        It was foggy here this morning and very dreary now at noon. Light rain and the snow is slowly melting.
I am still working on family photos but I may take a break and build a model or two. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-24-2024

Snow last 2 days has turned to rain. Our driveway is almost clear except for one small patch of ice.

We started to clear up the basement slightly. Started with the shelves with RVing relics. There are maps that I'm told we'll never need again. I gutted an old binder of all the stuff on the RV like maintenance records and campground reservations. A few things that will require destruction. A Cracker Barrel gift card that I don't know if we used.
I'm playing with a bunch of partly done/undone kits -- some even have instructions. I have transfers for one that I'm sure are at least 20 years old and possibly 30. The bit I tried didn't want to stick so I repainted the car with a different brand of paint.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-25-2024

Good morning good people, not much going on, been watching the Barrett-Jackson auctions on TV. They're being held in Scottsdale, man, some folks have more money than brains. Then again, I wish that I kept some of those vehicles I bought brand new for three or four thousand that seem to be worth $100,000 now.

Slight chance of rain today, than back into the 70's for a week with lots of rain in the forecast after that.

Gas is going up, don't know why but there are stations around still under $3.00, but $3.29 is common now.

I hope you all have a great day, do something productive, but have fun doing it....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-25-2024

Good morning

51° and drizzle here today with 2 more days of the same predicted. 

My plan is to work on my mom's photos for a couple of hours and then head for the train barn.  I got 2 Proto 2000 Alco S1's at a bargain price from Ebay and The listing said DCC ready. It also said one had a loose wire. I opened that one up last night and found the loose wire. I also found it had a decoder so I repaired the wire and replaced the light bulbs with LED's and it runs like a champ. Today I will open the other one and install a decoder.  I still want to paint an A! for the Kiski but I have an undecorated one so I will do that one.

Doctor appointment tomorrow morning so that puts the day on hold 

Gas is just below the $3 mark.  Groceries remain outrageous.  

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-26-2024

Good morning folks

It is 42 heading up to 55 with more rain.

It is another day of slogging through the mud on the project site. Good thing I have an extra set of clothing in the trailer to change into if I need to.

On Saturday I may have to work overtime. If I don’t, I hopefully will finally be able to get the outside Christmas decorations in as they won’t be buried in snow. They may be wet, but I can deal with that. I will probably run some errands at some this weekend. Sunday the rain is back so that will mean indoor stuff around the house including the dreaded laundry.

Since I finished the Ashmore Hotel, I need to find space for it on the layout. In order to do that I need to clear off the stuff that has collected on the layout over the last couple of months. Clearing stuff off the layout also means I can run trains. However, this will force me to do some clean out and organization of the basement. To take a break from cleaning and organizing I need to determine what is next; build a structure, tune up some rolling stock, install DCC…

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-26-2024

Hello Blue
We have lite rain @ 38 degrees. Wife said the rain was heavy overnight but I didn't hear it. The snow and ice are finally gone. 
We did lunch the other day, first time I had left the house in over a week. Going out this morning to the footsie doctor. Mayhaps a visit to the clubhouse tonight.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-26-2024

Good morning, it's another Friday already, suppose to be warming up tomorrow for a few days then back to being chilly and wet. That's it for the weather, still have folks walking around with shorts and T-shirts, so it can't be that bad.

Everyone jumped about a ten cents on gas. Fry's was $2.99, went up to $3.29, now back down to $3.25. Costco/Sam's both up at $2.89, still not bad for what we were paying a year ago.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Got some stuff to do, just not sure any of it will get done. Take care, stay warm, stay healthy and stay safe...