The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-17-2021

Good morning everyone, and a HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY to ya all.. Heading out to Brenda's Kitchen this morning, her special today is a corned beef scramble topped with a special sauce. Worship Also heading out to my son's MIL for a corned beef and cabbage dinner tonight. As just a lowly Irish wannabe, I don't deserve to be treated this well, but I'll take it since both my kids are half Irish.

Got my train display case pre-painted, now I find there should be more room between shelves. I should have made them adjustable, but I have a workaround, it'll just take some extra material and time to get it right.

Today temps should start to ramp up. We should be back into the 80's by tomorrow. It looked like it rained a bit yesterday morning. The truck was full of muddy pockmarks. Some rain to the east of us, but not enough here to measure, just enough to mess things up.

Have a great day, and watch out for those other Irish wannabes on the roads. For me, it's been many years since I celebrated this day by toping down the hard stuff.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-17-2021

Happy St. Patrick's Day, gang.

Foggy and33 headed for cloudy and 44. Warm up starts tomorrow with 50s and 60s for the next several days.

Feeling stimulated this morning. My stimulus payment showed up in my bank account. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Probably nothing. Gym was routine yesterday and probably will be the same today. Working on my son's taxes. Every time I read the publications from the IRS I find another form I have to fill out. One form to say that I'm authorized to file his taxes, another to claim the refund (if any), and yet another form to get a tax id for the estate in case there is any income to his estate after his passing.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-18-2021

Good morning all, I hope everyone had a fun and safe St. Paddy's day yesterday. Went to Walmart the other day, corned beef brisket was selling for almost $4.00 a pound. Went there yesterday, it was down to $1.50 a pound with an expiration date well into June. Kind of wonder, did they overstock, or are folks just not into corned beef and cabbage anymore.... I thought that until I went to their produce dep't and they were completely out of cabbage. Go figure that one out...

No coffee, no breakfast today, nothing until after my "procedure". Simple half-hour outpatient, but from what they say, there is no "simple surgery". Plan on being back home by noon. In the meantime, all I can think about is a nice black cup of coffee. Icon_cry

Back up into the 80's today. I keep seeing spots on my windshield. Not enough rain to even wet the pavement, but just enough to mess up your car.  

Have a great day, stay warm and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-18-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 31 at the moment headed for sunny and near 50 but breezy with winds near 30 mph.

Gym in the morning yesterday and son's taxes in the afternoon. Rinse, repeat for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-18-2021

54 and rainy. Storm level been lower for us but still red zone south east of us. 

Dr. apt for pain relief postponed as schools closed today due to storm threat. Actually, virtual. No more snow days or others. Schools closed due to weather, virtual learning. [now some parents fussing about that ]

Go get Caddy they SAY is ready.  Haircut later.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-19-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 25 headed for sunny and 55. Looks to be a nice day.

Quiet day yesterday, Gym in the morning and a 2 mile walk in the afternoon. Tried calling to set up an appointment for my first shot but was too late. I'll try again next week. Got a call from my granddaughter in Omaha. She has covid and is pretty miserable right now. She and her family ad isolating for the next 10 days. Gym this morning and a bike ride this afternoon. Otherwise a quiet day planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-19-2021

Good morning folks

It is a crisp 35 on its way to 45.

It has been a crazy week. For whatever reason we have been sleeping in late most of it. I did a few chores around the house and paid a small price as yesterday my back was giving me some issues. Luckily it calmed down in the afternoon.

I continued working on the coaling tower. I rigged the front col chutes, but I am not happy with the way they came out. I am going to see if I can track down some thread thin wire to redo them. If not, I may just pull the thread and glue them in place. I do not need them to move. I need to finish the stairs and the building of the tower is done. Next will be weathering it.

Next project is either to lay some track since a couple of switches finally showed up or begin working on the Walters Two-Stall Engine House.

I need to run my son out to internship later this morning. I have some laundry I need to throw in the washer.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-19-2021

Good morning all. What!, Friday already and tomorrow will be the first day of Spring... Wow, wasn't it just a few days ago that we celebrated New Years? Icon_rolleyes

Got through my procedure OK yesterday. They said 1/2 hour, I was in the OR for an hour. Don't know why, I kinda slept through the whole thing, but my doctor was really limping bad, something about skiing this past weekend, so that might have slowed him down a bit. Just going to be sore and swollen for a few days, so I guess I'll just be taking it easy for a few days.

I saw one gas station was up to $3.19 yesterday, yet I just checked Gas Buddy, and Costco and Sam's Club are down three cents to $2.91, some name brands are up to $3.39, that's over a $1.00 more than just two months ago.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-19-2021

44 and raining. Windy. This is not part of the line that went through last night. We got no rain out of that.  Slight damages NE of us and Charlotte area.

Slept good as pharmacist prescribed meds different than Dr. When I did wake during the night, just went back to sleep. This morning, neighbor's son with his big noisy diesel sat at the end of drive waiting to get out [at bedroom side of house]. Drove off, went right back to sleep. Seems good.

Riding with Wifey to Raleigh and surrounding areas doing errands.

Hope all are OK.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-19-2021

Hello Blue
Time to check in.
Sun, going to 50 today. 
Tiss my wife's birthday so we will get take-out and eat at home. She past 39 years ago. I have had the shots but she is refusing to get them.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-20-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 29 outside my window this morning with a predicted very windy high in the low 60s. Winds may hit 30+ mph before the day is over.

I did go for a bike ride yesterday afternoon but it was quite short. Only got to 50 and that's the minimum temperature for a bike ride. Otherwise not much accomplished. This morning I'm headed to Webster City to empty out my son's storage unit. Daughter and her husband and possibly one of their kids will be there to help. Hoping to be done by noonish.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-20-2021

41 and windy. Another wind chill day. Warming trend next few days.

Agenda for today. ????

Coffeed out for today. Lots since 8 AM.

UNC-CH out of the NCAA. Should not have been there [told Wifey that when I heard they were in it]. Politics in NCAA.

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-20-2021

Good morning all, and welcome to the first day of SPRING.....Temps here will be spring-like, mid-80's for today, back into the 70's for the next few days, a slight chance of rain next week, very slight. Headed up to Prescott to pick up some ammo on Monday. Bought a case of 1000 rounds (steel cartridge) and will be splitting it between four or five of us. Temps up there are quite a bit below here, there might even be snow on the ground. Lows there are close to freezing, so it's a good thing we decided to go in the afternoon.

Just going to take it easy for the next few days, nothing special planned for the weekend. Now that they've rewritten the rules on social distancing, I wonder how that's going to affect  our Spring Training baseball games, restaurants and bars. They are all allowed 100% occupancy as long at people stay away from each other. I'm not sure how they can control that, you come in with someone, it's OK to stand or sit next to them, for all others you'll need to bring a tape measure. Icon_rolleyes

Ya all have a great weekend and have fund doing whatever you chose to do........... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-21-2021

Greetings, gang.

It's a very windy 43 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high for today will be an even windier 65. Wind speeds are predicted to hit 45 mph this afternoon.

Yesterday's project went surprisingly well. As expected 90% of the storage unit was junk and we wound up filling a 20 yard roll off. I had to lock the unit after we were finished as the side walls do not go clear to the ceiling. It would be easy for someone to gain access to all of the storage units. We were done by 11. the work went very well. Today I have nothing planned other than a lot of goofing off.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-21-2021

47 per weather station. TV says 41. ?? Wind chill is still bad. 60 today. Sunny.

Resting. TV Church for me. Wifey gone to a new one. I'll go next Sunday.

Slept for 5 hours and woke up hurting. Got up. Ham and cheese omelet. OJ and coffee.

Have a good one.