The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-23-2021

(05-23-2021, 08:15 AM)FiatFan Wrote: ...Rode the 12+ miles in 1 minute and 55 seconds....

Don - if that new great-grandson continues being ahead of the size curve he could be playing football on Sunday afternoon.

Uh, Tom, just wondering if you didn't burn your tires off going 360 MPH, on your bike no less. Waiting

And yeah, I can see him as a defensive end or guard if he keeps this pace up.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-23-2021

Should have been 1 hour and 55 seconds. Someday I will learn the value of proofreading.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-23-2021

Hello Blue
It's cloudy and 86. I turned the A/C on a few days ago.
I had my first time in a year restaurant outing yesterday(lunch). And the first club meet in almost a year. A good attendance of about 25 3 railers.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-23-2021

Big Church at 10:30.  Went to Raleigh to be sure where we were suppose to go earl tomorrow AM for MRI in WakeMed Main.  Big hospital complex. May not post tomorrow or if so, late. 

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-24-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and breezy at the moment and that pretty much sums up the forecast for today. 68 now headed for 82 this afternoon.

Got the yard mowed and trimmed yesterday and that's about it. Not much planned for today other than a trip to the gym. Gas price yesterday dropped to $2.77 so I went out and filled the tank on the car. Hopefully that will encourage the gas stations to lower the price even more.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-24-2021

Good morning folks

It is a cloudy and dark morning with a temperature 57 going up to 76. This is a big change from the weekend with sun and temperatures in the low 90’s.

Despite the heat we did get some yard and garden work done. I had to clean the pump in the fountain in the front yard. We ran some errands on both days including taking the wife’s car to Delaware to get gas at $2.94. Best PA price we saw was $3.07 at a Wawa near the Delaware border.

I did not make any further progress on the Bachmann Diner. Not sure if I will pursue any repairs at this time. I found an inexpensive replacement on eBay and ordered it. I did change out the couplers on one of the Walthers PRR baggage cars. It appears I fixed one of the derailment spots. It was on a curve that passed over a joint in the pink foam. The track bounced some and the front truck of several three axle diesels was derailing. This was only happening to the second unit. The lead unit had no problems. I tacked down the track tighter and thus far that seems to have corrected the problem.

If all goes well I want to change out a few couplers and work with the Woodland Scenic inclines today.

I need to clean the fishpond filter. Water is clearing and thus far no algae bloom. We know for sure nine of the ten fish that were in the pond survived the winter. We also picked up a frog that we have no idea where it came from, who has decided to take up residence.

The wife and I are hoping to go to Ocean City, Maryland for a night later this week. Her school is closed Friday and she took Wednesday and Thursday off to have a procedure. However, she has rescheduled the procedure after discussing it with her primary doctor and endocrinologist until late July.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-24-2021

Good morning all, still no A/C here, need to wait until the service shop opens, kind of limited on who to call since my home warrantee selects the company that will fix it. They just don't work on weekends, there's probably 100 other HVAC companies here that do, but I pay for the warrantee, so I have little choice. Have had this warranty for over three years and this will be the first time I have used it. Even the gal on the phone was surprised by that.

Other than that, temps have been relatively cool, so it's not so bad. Went out for breakfast a 6:00 and it was in the mid 60's. There's an article in the newspaper about them not knowing if we'll have a wet or dry summer. For once, those guessers admit that they don't know everything about the weather.

Ya all have a great week. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-24-2021

Good Morning Blue.
          I too mowed and used the weed eater yesterday and got most of the grass cut. I still need to do some trimming around the back fence but that can wait. 

I put a decoder in a new Blue Line RSD 15 Saturday night but the front headlight didn't work so I took it back apart. The instructions said you could move the headlight plug from one side to the other so the new decoder would handle the lights. What they neglected to mention was the wires would then be too short to fit under the cab, therefore cutting them when the hood was reinstalled. I had to repair the wire and add some slack, then a simple job putting the couplers back in took me over a half hour.  I got it done. 

Today is a trip to the grocery store with my wife. I want some fresh fruit and she is a canned fruit buyer. 

We got a little rain overnight but I still watered the garden this morning. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-24-2021

More tests tomorrow.  Rained .02" here a little while ago.  Set out two cucumber plants.  Watered in.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-24-2021

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
A cloudy day with a high of 80. Maybe 89 tomorrow.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-25-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, breezy and 68. The high is expected to be in the low s with a slight chance for rain or thunderstorms this afternoon.

I woke up a 3 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Came downstairs and read for a while. Went back to bed and was almost asleep when I had one of those sudden sharp itches that woke me up again. Never could get back to sleep. Finally got up about 4:30. Not much to do today. I'll probably skip the gym and the bike ride. It would be awkward to fall asleep in the pool or on the bike. Maybe a walk this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-25-2021

Good morning folks

The sun is out, and the temperature is 59 heading up to 74.

Cleaned the fishpond filter and did the daily household chores. Had to run and get a new tablecloth for the kitchen table. We got a new table in the fall and it is bigger than the old one. The old tablecloths don’t fit the new table. This wasn’t an issue until now because we were using holiday tablecloths and they were all bigger than the day-to-day ones. While out I hit the grocery store.

Apparently, I missed a bad accident by about an hour on US Route 1, the Media Bypass. When I went through everything was fine. When my wife went through an hour later on her way home from work the State Troopers had the Bypass closed due to an accident. She had to detour through Media which is the county seat and loaded with traffic lights. Needless to say she about 40 minutes late getting home.

No modeling last night.

Today I am supposed to drop my son off at 69th Street Terminal. Since he is going back to school in person, he needs to replace his SEPTA key card. From 69th Street he will take the Market-Frankford El into Center City and the Broad Street Subway up to Temple. After that I will head to the nursey and grab a few more plants. Found another open spot that needs something.

I hope to work on the passenger cars, or at least run some trains today/tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-25-2021

Good morning, got A/C fixed, just a fuse up in the attic. We would have fixed it ourselves if we knew where it was located.

Looked at gas prices on the way to breakfast, some stations down four cents to $3.05, one station up six cents to $3.15. Looking at the Gas Buddy map, most stations east of us are back to $3.19, while those folks in Tucson are enjoying gas for well under $3.00... go figure.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Mountain Man - 05-25-2021

(04-13-2021, 01:44 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 12:27 PM)Mountain Man Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 05:58 PM)ezdays Wrote:  We go back with more than we came with, but don't have the room for some of those larger targets like couches, washing machines and TV sets.

That's not target shooting.  That's trash dumping.

I'm fortunate enough to live in a small town of only 500 that has an excellent outdoor range available.  Resident members get a key and can use it any time.

Otherwise, I live in the outskirts where firing at targets on my own land is allowed so long as I fire towards the large bluff behind me as a backstop.  I just let the neighbor know as a courtesy!

That's what some folks use the desert for, don't go to the landfill and spend a few bucks, don't even call the city and have them come by your house and take big things away for free. Just dump it somewhere in the desert when no one else is looking. Some of the more lazy one will dump stuff in the ally behind other people's houses. Then, there are those that actually bring their old furniture, appliances, electronics and other targets (sometimes glass), shoot them up and just "forget" to take them back. We have participated in an organized cleanup and had filled a very large roll-off dumpster to the point that they couldn't pull it onto the truck. All we ever ask is that they take back what they bring. There are those that have "secret" shooting spots that they wouldn't disclose the location of even if tortured for this very reason.

Yeah, we've got a few of those around  as well, but we keep track of our own,and this small ghost town is not a magnet for outsiders.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-26-2021

Greetings, gang.

Lots of bright sunshine this morning but that will deteriorate later. Rain and thunderstorms move in tonight through tomorrow night with much cooler temperatures in to, High on Friday of only 60. Cool through the Memorial Day weekend.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. After getting up so early I did go back to bed and slept for another 90 minutes. Felt much better. Not much planned for today. Gym this morning. This evening is my first beer and bereavement in over a year. Unfortunately there will on;ly be two of us. One has Alzheimer's and the other two are not back from Nevada yet.

On Sunday the gas dropped to $2.77 so I filled the tank, hoping to encourage the gas stations to lower the price even more. it worked. Gas price last night when I went to the game was down to $2.71. I guess that's my super power - being able to get gas stations to lower their price right after I fill the tank.

All stay safe.

Tom