The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-03-2021

Having had our 2 and 2 (and it's now nearly 3 weeks) we took a trip. Dayle's family spent time in Sarnia, so we went there -- nearly 3 hours away. Had chips (French fries) under the Bluewater Bridge. Were a couple of hunded yards from the USofA. Could see Thomas Edison's combine across the river. Took the long way home along Lake Huron.
First time in a year and a bit that we've 1) eaten commercial food 2) used public restrooms.
Traffic on the bridge almost looked like a structural problem -- one truck at a time.
One of the beach towns on the way home had massive traffic backups (fortunately in the other lanes) heading for the beach which is in no way ready to accomodate them.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-04-2021

Good morning all, and hope everyone has a great day. Today we should be celebrating the birth of the United States, Independence Day. I wonder why some folks that are living here decided that we should no longer be united or independent, I really hope they get over whatever it is that's bothering them. They should realize that we are what we are because of the sacrifices made by thousands, nay, millions of folks before them, too many making the ultimate sacrifice. Enjoy the day, it was hard earned and may be even harder to keep.

Lots of wind last night, looked outside and saw the pavement getting wet. Hooray, rain, but shortly later there was no signs left, not even a puddle. According to the rain map, it rained all around us, up to over 1/2", but not enough to register on the gauges in our immediate area. Icon_cry Icon_cry I seem to be like an anti-magnet when it comes to rain, regardless of where I live, there's a drought in my neighborhood. Waiting 

Frank, stick with it, you have lots of friends in your corner, do what you can when you can and remember that we're all pulling for you to get better soon.

Take care everybody and have a safe and fun day, the first chance we've had in over a year to do "normal" stuff on a holiday. Applause

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-04-2021

Hello Blue
Stay safe today.
We have no plans but the kids always call last minute so something may come up today. If not we have a slab of ribs all to ourselves.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-04-2021

70 and partly cloudy. Finished listening to big explosions across he field. P&R had fireworks this year. Plugged into the long hose. Trying big bed tonight. We'll see. Sleep tight.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-05-2021

Good morning all, kind of a noisy night last night. When one family blew off all their fireworks, another family started. I could hear the fireworks going well past 11:00. Even the city had their displays this year. I'm glad that we are celebrating once again after reading about so many negative things some folks are saying and doing regarding our great country and our forefathers. Just that do they have to do it while I'm trying to go to sleep???? Icon_e_biggrin 

Got rain all around the valley except here in Surprise, El Mirage and Sun City. Some areas got soaked. Got more chances later on this week and next, but this is the time of year where a storm can come out of nowhere... I hope...

Have a  good day-after-the-Fourth, lots of folks are off today, I think most government things are closed, like the Post Office, but they did say they were still collecting the garbage today. Icon_e_surprised Sure glad of that. Worship

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-05-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 93 for the day. That's considered hot for us winter  folk.
We did get a call for a cookout and fireworks. So off we went.
Fireworks are legal here for most holidays so we drove through smoke all the way home at 11PM. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-05-2021

Afternoon. Back in office on PC. No drugs and no extra O2. Doing better. Did the shower and shave and blood ox was 88. Reclined on couch with no supplemental O2. Blood ox was 90. Climbing out of this hole. undefined Dressed for the first time since hospital. Been wearing slip on gym shorts and tees.

88 and sunny. No rain for a few. Gardens and grass growing.

Back to the den.

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-06-2021

Good morning good people, glad to hear things are getting better for you Frank,  we're all still here for you.

Today we're back into the 110+, they say that June was the hottest month on record with a total average of over 95 degrees. I found the daily high average was 106, the low average was 83. They have hi-lows and low-highs, but I don't need to get any more confused than I am already....

Got some busy work today, my shopping list is getting out of hand plus a few household chores. Still two weeks before the cleaning lady comes...

Take care and have a great day. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-06-2021

85 degrees and sunny. Went to sleep as soon as read emails last night. Slept till 6:30. Slept in the bed the whole night for first time since hospital.

Shoulders hurt right now. Time for some meds. Not on aux. O2 right now. Getting better. Will take portable tank to use in truck but not in restaurant [bb-q and fried chicken] and Tractor Supply [black oil and corn].
Hope all have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-06-2021

Good morning folks

It is 82 and blazing up to 92. The heat is back along with the bad air and possibility of thunderstorms later today.

I have not made it to the campfire for a few days. Once up and breakfast done, I have been jumping right into some chores and minor projects. By the time I get to the computer it is bedtime. Some those projects have been trimming the weeping cherry tree, weeding the front garden, and cleaning the front yard fountain.

Yesterday was spent doing some running. Went to Target to get some bins. Filled one up with the leftover supplies from the Upper Darby Pride Festival. My son will need them for next year.

I changed couplers on some Walthers Ready to Run passenger cars such as Amtrak Phase 1 coach and diner, and B&O slumbercoach. On an older Athearn Blue Box Amtrak coach I had to drill and screw on the coupler covers as the clips were broken off. I discovered that two recent acquisitions, an SCL lounge, and a Penn Central Sleeper had already been converted to Kadees. The last cars, a Penn Central Baggage and an Amtrak Phase 3 Baggage-Lounge came with metal Proto Max couplers so no need to change them.

Today there are a trip to Kohl’s to return something, the pharmacy, and the grocery store. I have some PRR Heavyweights to change couplers.

Frank good to see you up and about.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-07-2021

Good morning folks

It is 88 and heading up to 93. We had thunderstorms yesterday go all around us. Heard thunder and even saw some lightening but no rain.

We ran some errands yesterday but not much else. I did clean the fountain in the front garden.

We are going to run over to Home Depot and grab a couple sample paint jars to see which looks best on the hallway bathroom walls. The painter is coming tomorrow. I need to clean the pond filter.

I changed out couplers on three Walthers Heavyweights. The two coaches were not problem but the diner scared me. After changing the couplers and test running it started to derail on curves. I am thinking there is a curse with me and PRR Diners. Luckily the problem was I did not tighten the screw on the truck when I put it back on.

I have more cars to change out couplers. Also I am thinking about a radical change for the engine terminal.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-07-2021

Good morning all, kind of emptyish here this morning. Hope everyone is well and just busy.

Nothing changed at this end of the world, weather is the same, hot and dry with a tiny chance of rain. Nothing else going on today. Did get a multi-page form to fill out before I go to a medical appointment later this week. They said it would save time not having to fill it out when I get there. One item was for me to agree to allow them to give my phone # and email address to telemarketers. Did not sign that part of the form, nor did I include my SSN as requested. They are getting too intrusive and a bit tricky. Why would the largest medical provider in the state do that? Do they hope that some folks actually don't read things before they sign? I still get more trash calls than I need, even with the phone companies supposedly having to block spam calls.

I hope I have time today to do a bit on my new model, just about everything else is caught up. Just not sure what I'm going to do for dinner. Maybe some takeout. I'll think about it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-07-2021

Good afternoon.
         Well, the gutters are installed on the train shed, the outlet in the tractor lean-to is installed (decided to put in 2 and a light receptacle.) and the garden is weeded and watered for today. It's a beautiful day about 92 and 100% humidity so I am done outside for the day. Thunderstorms may occur this PM.

I got a small book about the Niles Car Co. that built interurban cars, some for the local interurbans, so I may take time to skim through it today. 

Frank, I hope you are doing better every day. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-07-2021

We had our haircuts today. As a special treat, I went to Staples and bought lead for my propelling pencils.
Tomorrow is a visit to my sister-in-law in hospital. Only Dayle is allowed in. SIL has been there about 4 months. Her talking was going and she had her throat attended to. There is a bit of C somewhere and she has a breathing tube and is fed directly. She thinks she should be going home sometime but knows she is headed for a care home. Her care is being handled by ex-stepdaughters; her son is staying out west until there's a crisis.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-07-2021

79 and cloudy. The "storm" is suppose top pass through NC. How much rain????  Busy day.  Lots of visitors.  Out for fried catfish for lunch.  Doing better without aux. O2. 

Early out to hospital for an all day visit [chemo I guess].

Guess all the gang is watching some game that folks are hitting this round thing around on ice