The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-13-2021

Greetings, gang.

Very pretty sunrise this morning.  The humidity and smoke are significantly less this morning.  59 right now headed for the low 80 s this afternoon and lots of sunshine.

Yesterday was fairly routine.  Rode the bike for a long ride.  Then took each bike over the same distance to see how the odometers compare to each other.  There was only .013 of a mile difference between the two.  Close enough.  The pool is closed today so with the weather being much more comfortable (lower humidity and temperature) I am going to try 9 holes of golf.  Haven't been out for several years.  Could be fun (or a disaster).

Charlie - thanks for the tips on weed killer.  I was reading the label on this stuff and it said to apply when the weeds are actively growing.  With the recent heat and humidity they have been growing, um, I guess you could say like weeds! Icon_lol Nope  (Who doesn't love a good pun?  Now, if I could only come up with one!)

Prayers for all in need,

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-13-2021

Good morning all, rain still missing us, other areas got 1 1/2" up to 3 1/2" the past few days, we didn't get enough to wet the sidewalk.  Temps still down in the 90's, but really muggy with humidity close to 60%. The dew point has to be up there too, just that no one reports it but those TV prognosticators, and I'm really trying to avoid the TV news right now.

Frank, good to hear from you, sounds like we've switched weather for a bit. Don't know how other folks get by with all the humidity, we're not use to that here.

Going to Denny's for breakfast this morning, meeting one of Brenda's regulars there. New owner still says nothing to anybody, usually six or so people sitting at the counter, none the past two days. The new owner has been in this business before, but she could write a book on how to destroy a business in a week.

If you're superstitious, then be careful today. Otherwise, have a great start of another weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-13-2021

Good morning all
       Prayers for a successful procedure Don and more healing for you too Frank. 
       I don't know whether you would call Friday the 13th good or bad in my case. I met my wife on a Friday the 13th 59 years ago and she still hangs around with me. 
        Storms predicted today so I may not get much done but 3 nice days are in our forecast.

Have a nice weekend everyone. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-13-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a hot 91 going to up 94.

We lost our dog Scotty yesterday. We took him to our regular vet. We were calling around to find an animal hospital to admit him and he took a sudden turn for the worst. He passed moments after we got into the room. This morning was tough as he was not waiting for me to let him out when I came downstairs.

I am still catching up on things from our short vacation such as laundry and putting the traveling bags away. Not sure if I will get any train time.

I have to run to the grocery store and the produce store at some point today.

Don good luck with the procedure and Chief keep fighting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-13-2021

(08-13-2021, 12:06 PM)tompm Wrote: Good afternoon folks
We lost our dog Scotty yesterday. 

Tom, my sincerest condolences to you and your family. It is always tough to lose a family member and the grief over a fur baby sometimes is more than a human family member. I have lost 3 fur kids since I retired and it is just awful. It has been almost a year since we lost our Beck, the diabetic and I miss him everyday. He had a rough time of it his last month and I know he is in a better place waiting at the bridge. That gives me comfort thinking about them waiting for me at the bridge. 

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.
There is only one thing missing,
they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitches! The ears are up!
The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him in your arms and hug him.
He licks and kisses your face again and again -
and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting
pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.

Author: unknown

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-13-2021

85 and had big rain shower. Nice afternoon resting and breathing treatments.

TomPM, my sincere condolences 

They are coming in the front door while we leave out the back. Reminds me of another "action".

Wifey and girls from the shop are going for a "girls night out". Actually the most senior [time wise but youngest] is leaving.

Will search Netflix for a good action movie.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-13-2021

Tom: My sympathy.

Talked to garage about motor home. Problem was a seized starter motor; he couldn't even turn it by hand when it was out.
They'll replace all the tires as well. Not sure how old but before we moved here so over 8 years; probably more like 10.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-14-2021

Greetings, gang.

Near ice age temperature at 51 this morning. Looks to be another beautiful day with low humidity and temps in the low 80s for the next several days.

Yesterday went surprisingly well considering I hadn't touched a golf club in at least 8 or 9 years. Otherwise a pretty mellow day. Not much planned for today. I may swing by the farmers market for a couple of ears of corn. Otherwise laundry and some house cleaning.

Tom - condolences on your loss.

Frank - know what you mean.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-14-2021

And a good Saturday morning to you all. Hallelujah, There was some misdirected rain last night and it wound up in our neighborhood. I'm sure it was intended for the east side, but they got their share regardless, some places there got 2 1/2", we got close to 1", still respectable given that we haven't seen much of this seasons storms, had one here about three weeks ago while the east side has been dumped on just about every day for the past two weeks.

I could hear the storm while trying to go to sleep, an hour after I drifted off, my cell phone woke me up with this 95dB screeching sound, saying that there's an "emergency flood warning" out for the area. Just one thing, my cell phone area code is in the east side, so there's no problems in our area, but if there is, they won't alert me because of that. Gotta turn those notifications off, they never come during the day, just like the "'amber alerts", always happens while you're sleeping.

Temps still in the 90's until the end of next week, some chance of rain every day as well.

Tom, sorry for your loss, I know how they can quickly become part of the family.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-14-2021

Morning. Temp 93 with 108 heat index.  Egos for breakfast. Tasted like suppose to. Not back in ofc. Resting. Daughter and SonIL coming to mow. Wifey's battery string trimer has gotten to the point will not hold charge (maybe due to 12 yrs old). Sending her to ACE and Stihl.

Hope all have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-15-2021

Greetings, gang.

Another pleasant but very quiet day underway. 58 now headed for the low 80s. Rinse and repeat for the next several days. Only slight chances for rain late in the week.

Yesterday was quiet and today looks to be the same. Scored a couple of very good ears of sweet corn at the farmers market yesterday. Otherwise nothing happened and today will be a rerun.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-15-2021

Good morning. 83 degrees. Suppose to cloud up and rain. Breakfast was cheddar toast. OJ to round it out.

Not much on agenda. Did make it back to the office.

Hope all have a good and happy day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-15-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today. Nice.
Been off air for three days a storm Wednesday afternoon tore up SE Michigan real bad. We got power back Saturday evening. With a house generator we did better than most but had no cable bundle. Internet, TV and house phone all down. Todays comfortable with the windows open.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-15-2021

Good morning, well, almost good afternoon everyone. Got a real late start today, woke up, thought it was Saturday and went back to sleep for almost two hours. Really screwed up my morning, church, needed gas and had a pre-op appointment at the hospital. Got it all done and finally had some breakfast.

Speaking of power outages, lots of that here the past few days. Gila Bend, about 50 miles to the south of us declared an emergency, water rescues, power poles down and a few folks that didn't make it. Big storm, just went right passed us.

Ordered some .22LR ammo on the Internet, got a decent price and UPS says it'll be here tomorrow. Looked through the Sunday newspaper ads and, whoa, a popular local sports store has .22LR on sale with a coupon for less than I paid for what I got on the Internet. Ran over there right away, no long lines, no feeding frenzy, and they had stock. Could be that the ammo shortage is easing up a bit? Prices may never get back to what they were a year ago, but I'm happy with what I got and what I paid.

I've been using Firefox browser for years, a few months ago they made a change to the spacing of their drop-down bookmark menus. There were always workarounds to get the spacing back, but last week, version 91 cannot be changed the same way. The wider spacing is for those that have touch screens, but it's an annoyance for those of us that just use a mouse. so if anyone hears of a current workaround, please let me know.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-15-2021

Early bed time for me. Wifey and Mira [cat] have retreated upstairs. Will watch TV [behind their eyelids] until timer shuts it down. I will watch something else for a while and then lights out.

70 degrees. Line of storms came through. 1.43 inches of rain.

Taking it slow. Blood ox still in 90's with aux. O2. Doing my breathing treatments.

Nice bucks on the SD cards. 2 8's, a 6 and a 4. A BIG bear.

Hope all are doing OK.