Wooden machine gun - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: All Other Hobbies (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Wooden machine gun (/showthread.php?tid=9822)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Wooden machine gun - ezdays - 01-20-2024

(01-20-2024, 02:13 PM)TMo Wrote: What jarred me was the close resemblance of the barrel magazine to a turntable!  I almost thought it was a separate project.  After two years of this, I think I see what your family is trying to do to you!

Could be I need to question their motives, I may not realize what it's doing to my mind until it's too late... Crazy Crazy Crazy

A lot of the parts are purely decorative like some of the stuff on the magazine. There's a couple of switches for arm/disarm and full/semi-auto, but it is always armed and always full auto especially since those switches are fake. Icon_e_surprised

RE: Wooden machine gun - tompm - 01-21-2024

Don as my aunt would say, "You have the patience of a saint," to build that. I would have lost my mind. Great job.

RE: Wooden machine gun - ezdays - 01-22-2024

(01-21-2024, 05:06 PM)tompm Wrote: Don as my aunt would say, "You have the patience of a saint," to build that. I would have lost my mind. Great job.

Ahh yes, that's just what my Irish MIL would have said, thanks Tom, I did enjoy doing it. What I find is that it takes total concentration, so you can push the rest of the world away for a while and that makes doing it worthwhile.

As for doing a video, I shot five bands and ejected four wooden plugs in probably less than 1/2 second (yes, it really works   2285_ ). The max load is 12 rubber bands and they only gave me 10 plugs, so unless I shoot it in high speed, you would get to see about a one-second video. It's a blast, but it takes far longer to load than it does to shoot. Then, of course, is the search for the bands and picking up those plugs afterwards. Waiting

RE: Wooden machine gun - LiveSteamer - 02-15-2024

Woah how did I miss this one. Excellent work as always don. The steam engine and gun are just awesome.

RE: Wooden machine gun - ezdays - 02-15-2024

(02-15-2024, 03:06 PM)LiveSteamer Wrote: Woah how did I miss this one. Excellent work as always don. The steam engine and gun are just awesome.

Thanks Matt, the nice thing about the gun is that I can buy my ammo at Office Depot. 2285_ Shoot

RE: Wooden machine gun - LiveSteamer - 02-15-2024

(02-15-2024, 04:52 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 03:06 PM)LiveSteamer Wrote: Woah how did I miss this one. Excellent work as always don. The steam engine and gun are just awesome.

Thanks Matt, the nice thing about the gun is that I can buy my ammo at Office Depot. 2285_ Shoot

You're Welcome, that is a good thing.

RE: Wooden machine gun - Amalynn - 02-20-2024

That seems to have come together much better than the steam engine did!

RE: Wooden machine gun - ezdays - 02-20-2024

(02-20-2024, 07:38 AM)Amalynn Wrote: That seems to have come together much better than the steam engine did!

Thanks, you're right, the engine was my first and it was a different manufacturer. The gun and other ones that I've been doing, have much tighter tolerances and actually work when they're done.