Big Blue Google Group
Some time ago we formed an alternate site on Google to allow us a means to communicate in the event that we had any problems here with our server. We had a similar site over at the other forum, and it was frequently needed seeing as how we had a lot of downtime there. Since that Google group no longer had any meaning, it was taken down today, but the Big Blue alternate is up and we welcome our members to join, just in the event that it's necessary to keep in touch should we have any downtime here.

Our Google group is here: http://groups.google.com/group/big-blue-train-forum. Feel free to register and either Mikey or myself will approve it. There's no need to start a conversation there unless for some reason you cannot access our regular Big Blue site.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Just a little heads-up, but sometime in the next few weeks we will be moving to a new server. What that means is that we will have to shut down for a few hours during this transition. We will give you advance notice before we do this, and we should be up and running in a short time as if nothing had changed. Thumbsup But.... just in case there is a problem and you can't get on for some reason, we have had a Google group forum set up just for this reason. We will keep everyone informed there, so I strongly suggest that you register in that group if you haven't already done so. The link is in the first post in this thread. This is not a requirement, but it's a good idea if you were to encounter problems logging onto Big Blue at any time . I know that happens since we occasionally get an email letting us know that someone has lost their password or can't log in for some reason.

We will keep you updated as we get closer to this change. Our new server will allow us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage space so we'll never have to worry about posting a large quantity of pictures.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hold the phone.... Something has changed over there and I cannot find out how to even list the membership screen, never mind how to accept new members. Nope If you've already applied, hang in there, we'll get to you. If you haven't yet, just hold off for a bit. Sometime since the last time I was there and now, they changed to the, "New Google Groups" and as administrator, I'm totally lost. They used to send me a message with a link to accept or deny a new member, now they just send me a message, no link and so I can't find anything there that I need to. Wallbang Wallbang 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Ain't the "net" fun ! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Don, IMHO you would be better to set up a Yahoo group as a back-up . I have a yahoo and a google group , but the yahoo is by far the better, and we do make a lot of posts for a small group.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Don, IMHO you would be better to set up a Yahoo group as a back-up . I have a yahoo and a google group , but the yahoo is by far the better, and we do make a lot of posts for a small group.
Charlie

Thanks, we had one there a long time ago, but we could never get ownership so we started the Google group instead. I finally got into our group as an owner and even approved a few mew members, but navigating and even posting is enough to drive anyone crazy, 35 35 so I'll look into a new Yahoo group right now and get back to everyone so we all know where we can get together if need be.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
That's why they pay you the "big bucks" for being an administrator , Don .....company car , expense account Icon_lol

Y
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:That's why they pay you the "big bucks" for being an administrator , Don .....company car , expense account Icon_lol

Y
Yeah, you forgot the key to the only restroom that we have in the building, and that cushy 25th floor corner office. Thumbsup Oh, in case you were wondering, we do have several pay-to-go Port-a-potties out back for everyone else to use at a very reasonable fifty cents for five minutes of use. (after five minutes, all the doors and windows pop open. :oops: :oops: )
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Gotta love those " Here's Johnnies " Goldth

T
I'm suprised Don hasn't asked for his own personal secretary and personel trainer. 2285_
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:I'm suprised Don hasn't asked for his own personal secretary and personel trainer. 2285_
Wadoyamean, both Mikey and I have a couple of both. Thumbsup We exercise regularly with our trainers at our private gym on the 43rd floor of the Big Blue Building, and have a couple of secretaries, one for the office and another when we travel on the corporate jet. This is serious business and takes a lot of work. Do you really think that running a forum is easy? The stresses and anxieties are unbelievably hectic. Cheers

But, a story about the real world, around 12 years ago when we had our business, we were asked by the Enron Corp. (yeah, that one) to do some graphic annunciation alarm systems for both Skilling's house and their corporate gym, which occupied two floors on the Enron building (that's how Mikey and I got the idea for our own corporate gym) Worship . What was amazing is that we actually got fully paid for the work we did. Then again, that was about a year before things fell apart there and Skilling wound up exercising in the slammer's gym. :o The Big Blue Corporation is far more stable than Enron, so fear not, even though the Feds are watching our every move, we have given them no cause for suspicion. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yeah, The Smartest Guys in the Room ,......remember it well ...I think " Dubya" endorsed that one , didn't he ? Eek

T
Finally, I called the CEO of Google and told her who I am and boy did she snap to. :o She apologized for all the discomfort and work that Google had caused me and said she would fire the whole Google Groups support team over this. Nope I was able to talk her out of doing that, but it cost me my company limo, corporate jet, personal trainer my corner office and the Big Blue company building, Wink but it was worth it, since, to my surprise, I finally found a way into our Google Group as an admin. Misngth I even "accepted" four new members that were pending. Thumbsup I might even be able to get Mikey back in as an admin now....well, sometime in the next few days that is. Icon_lol

The bottom line is that the Big Blue Train Forum group over at Google is now working and so all those that haven't registered there yet can now do so. Use this link to get you there.

BTW, I did set up a Yahoo group, but I canceled the group since we have people already registered over at the Google Group. Thanks for the suggestion though. Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'm not upset that you "lost" our building.. I'm upset because the Kit-Kat machine is still IN IT and therefore, it's "gone" too!!!! Eek Misngth

Thanks for inviting me to the group...

A word to everyone that signed in since 2010.. Make sure you can receive e-mails!!! Whenever Don or I (or anyone else) post, you will receive an e-mail.. This will benefit you when Don or I make a general announcement. Smile

For instance, when the board will be "back online" Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I can't get in ....NO idea what password they are referring to ....tried 'em all and no dice !!