How to operate... by Lance
The new book "How to operate a modern era switching layout" by Lance Mindheim arrived today.
The book has the usual format and is 104 pages. The style of text composing, graphics and photos is also unchanged from previous books written by Lance.

The content of the book is an absolute "must know" if you want to do realistic operation. Most of the topics have been discussed here during the last month. I love the book because it puts all the lessons taught to me in hundreds of scattered forum posting in one easy to read book. I wish I would have had it at hand when I started US model railroading.
In my opinion Lance did a great job Thumbsup
Reinhard
Mine is on order but I await arrival - Amazon are gussing 01 February! I think they must have sent it by O-Fish-al Mail!
shortliner Wrote:Mine is on order but I await arrival - Amazon are gussing 01 February!
I got mine from Amazon US! The order has been done 12/26. I did pay a little premium to prevent shipping via ship over the big pond. May be I got yours :o
Reinhard
Received mine on the 27. I new to operations but was looking forward to this book, I have most of his other one's. I've glanced thru this book and need to sit down and read it. This is my problem, I dont like to read, but am looking forward to gaining some insite to opperations. Being here in N TX there seems to be a problem with people wanting to drive over 30 miles anywhere, so I cant seem to get anybody involved on working with me. Maybe its me, who knows Icon_lol . When I live in CA I had a group of guys that we all worked on each others railroads. You can get a lot more done with more manpower, plus it help to keep me focused on matters at hand.
Wayne Snyder
Creating the Ft Worth Sub - FWWR
faraway Wrote:
shortliner Wrote:Mine is on order but I await arrival - Amazon are gussing 01 February!
I got mine from Amazon US! The order has been done 12/26. I did pay a little premium to prevent shipping via ship over the big pond. May be I got yours :o

Thats where mine was ordered from on 24th, so maybe you did! The donkey might be plodding his way towards Scotland as I write - I think all the mail across the pond now comes by Air anyway -most stuff seems to take a week to ten days to get here, so I'll just sit here anticipating, with my fingers crossed - but I'm glad to hear that you think it is worth the money. Thumbsup
fwwrmodeler Wrote:Received mine on the 27. Being here in N TX there seems to be a problem with people wanting to drive over 30 miles anywhere, so I cant seem to get anybody involved on working with me. Maybe its me, who knows Icon_lol

Here in UK most people would think that 30 miles was a major expedition into the deepest, darkest jungle, and they'd need a team of native bearers, a guide, at least two tents, pith helmets, and probably need to take an elephant gun with them! Many won't even travel to the next town 10 miles away.
Ordered my copy on Dec 22nd, got a shipping notice Dec 28th, with an estimated time of delivery Jan 16th. This is what they call "expedited international shipping" :-)

We'll see when it gets here - sometimes their estimates are way too pessimistic. It usually takes about a week or ten days.

Smile,
Stein