Vigdis' train room
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
The roadbed on the station area is in place. She has used N scale roadbed from Woodland Scenics, split in the center, and positioned to fit the width of the ME code 55 track. Here's the left side:

[Image: 2923_w1200.jpg]

And here's the right side. In the back shows the foundation for the roundhouse, this will be recessed into the foam to fit the track height:

[Image: 2924_w1200.jpg]

Here's a close-up of one of the section joints (track placed on top temporarily). Under the roadbed she has used pieces of 12mm (1/2") plywood to hold the screws that the rails will be soldered to (FREMO style). The roadbed will be cut right above the joint when everything is in place:

[Image: 2926_w1200.jpg]

Svein
The WS risers and roadbed are done all around the room, and tracklaying can begin. Vigdis has also started on the roundhouse, and has just finished one of the trusses:

[Image: 2988_w1200.jpg]

There are four of these for each stall, all with different width, this is the second longest. The wood strips were cut and stained before assembly. The most finicky part I guess was bending the wire and getting the turnbuckles on, judging by the foul language... 357

Svein
Svein Wrote:The most finicky part I guess was bending the wire and getting the turnbuckles on, judging by the foul language... 357 Svein

2285_ Ahhh, I see she has learned one of the more obscure modeling techniques ----------
"After applying the ACC, the speaking of a few "obscenities", takes just the right amount of time to allow the super glue to set so the part can be safely picked up."
357 357 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The truss looks great. Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Good start! I'm waiting what will follow.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Construction of the roundhouse is slowly but steadily progressing. The three inner dividing walls are for the most part finished, here are two of them:

[Image: 2990_w1200.jpg]

There will also be diagonal bracing between the posts, but the instructions are somewhat lacking, so we've sent an e-mail to the manufacturer. After the bracing is in place, the stringers on the other side of the posts can also be fitted, they will support the trusses above each stall.

Svein
The two side walls are finished:

[Image: 3002_w1200.jpg]

Svein
That's coming along very nicely ! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Again... you and Vigdis continue to amaze me. That is looking very good!
-Dave
Lovely work as usual Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Some new pics from today. The parts are only temporarily put together, and there's still some sanding and adjusting to to, but it's coming along:

[Image: 3014_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 3016_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 3017_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 3018_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 3020_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 3021_w1200.jpg]

Svein
That, Wink is some seriously good looking model work !! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship
Beautiful work Thumbsup I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together on the layout.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
I can't say anything, I am speechless. She is an inspiration to us. She has more talent in her little finger than I have in my whole body.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful project.
Charlie
Cheers