Uhh, sorry about that......
In order for us to reload our pictures we need the ability to edit our posts all the way back to the missing dates. Some of the threads were of interest to a few, but lately participation on some threads is down to zero. The photography game is one that has dropped off and the ones that I have been posting daily don't seem to get much play. I have a backup I made of my layout thread that covers all of the posts from the beginning until Jan 30, 2013 which is pretty much where I stopped working on the layout.
I doubt I would reload the pictures if I had the ability to do so. We just move on \, no use of crying over spilled milk. It makes most of my old pictures new once again. Goldth
Charlie
Maybe need a different thread to discuss, but how does one backup a thread?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:Maybe need a different thread to discuss, but how does one backup a thread?
I copied every page and pasted into a word document.
Charlie
What a surprise to come back after several weeks and find that all of your photos from the last six years are gone. This along with the crash of my external hard drive last December has really taken away a lot of the pleasure I had posting on this site, but as Charlie stated all my old photos are new again. As Charlie also said the participation is off and I am beginning to wonder if posting is worth the effort anymore.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:.... I am beginning to wonder if posting is worth the effort anymore. ....

Yes it is because most model and some prototype photos are used to illustrate discussions of a specific topic.

Most prototype and some model photos as a collection should be stored int a (semi)professional photo storage and referred to from here. That saves a lot of frustration.
e.g. all my Photos are online in Photobucket, offline in iPhotos on my iMac and a backup is held on a separate hard disk.
Reinhard
We will make every effort to recover as much of the photos as we can. We tired to restore to an earlier backup and apparently there's problems with that. The software recognizes the directory, but none of the older photos in it. It may take more effort to figure out what's going on, but believe me, Packey is trying his best. He is still looking at options. The data is there now, he needs to figure out why it won't access.

If anyone wants to restore an old thread or post, we can help you. We can give you permission to edit certain threads that you choose to replace the photos in. This happens occasionally when, for instance, someone loses their Photobucket links.

Just hang tight for a while. Like Charlie says, it makes all your old photos new again. And yest, it might not be worth the effort to fix a thread that gets little or no reads anymore. We will keep you posted, we are not at all pleased with this.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don, tell Packey to relax, take a deep breath, and relax and take a deep breath and walk away from it for a while. There is nothing here that can't wait, and his sanity is most important. Years ago I had the grief of losing railroad information that had to be transmitted to Conrail due to a junk computer and no backups, nor any way to back up. I had to manually rebuild the file, and it was nothing compared to the files here.
If he recovers it there is nothing to worry about, if not, there is nothing to worry about.
If he is able to recover the stuff from lost members that alone is enough. I think Jeffrey stored all his pictures off site. I was thinking of trying to save some of his stuff before it was lost. I want to make a couple cars for his roads. I guess I had better do it if his photo bucket hasn't been pulled.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Don, tell Packey to relax, take a deep breath, and relax and take a deep breath and walk away from it for a while. There is nothing here that can't wait, and his sanity is most important. Years ago I had the grief of losing railroad information that had to be transmitted to Conrail due to a junk computer and no backups, nor any way to back up. I had to manually rebuild the file, and it was nothing compared to the files here.
If he recovers it there is nothing to worry about, if not, there is nothing to worry about.
If he is able to recover the stuff from lost members that alone is enough. I think Jeffrey stored all his pictures off site. I was thinking of trying to save some of his stuff before it was lost. I want to make a couple cars for his roads. I guess I had better do it if his photo bucket hasn't been pulled.
Charlie

Thank you for your understanding Charlie. Pat (Packey) is beside himself, he is very capable and has been working with websites for about as long as there's been an Internet. His dedication to this shows his character and his upbringing. And yes, I am bragging a bit, after all, he is my son Big Grin .... I will tell him what you said, he does need to step back a bit and if it doesn't work, then we all need to accept it. I too remember losing all my data and programs when my computer hiccuped during defragmenting. That was a long time ago and I still can't forget it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
testing the attatchment

Attached Files Image(s)

------------------------------------
Creator of the comic Flatt Bear.
A comic about... well... a bear

Flatt Bear