My Tern
"Left hand side"....... that two mast schooner is loaded with "pulp wood". Those small branches are ground into pulp, for making paper.
She's loaded and ready to be off to where there is a paper mill, or there is one close to that harbor, and she's just in, waiting to be unloaded.
Lots of great "harbor" detail there. Thumbsup Thumbsup Applause
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
>> my desktop PC is still down, needs a new hard drive. and the board won't allow me to log in with my laptop, under my true screen name. Soooooo......
Sumpter 251, is what I have to use for the laptop, until (if) I can use both PCs with the same login Identity.

Four months !!!!! Eek Eek
Yeah, but there has been a bit of "ironwork", done, and next is the making of all the shackles, and shackle pins, to attach rigging lines, and blocks, to sails and masts.
Progress is slow here, but ongoing...... ( and a bit enraging, when a "just finished" shackle goes "ping" from the tips of the tweezers holding it, and lands in the fibers of the carpet.........talk about needles in hay stacks :o )
Some of the ironwork ( mast bands, eye bolts,,etc. ) have been started, and there's a ton more to build. Yeah this level of detail takes time......lots, and LOTS, of time. Wink Wink :oops: ( yes, there are castings of some of these things, but not small enough for a 1:87 scale model............when I am building it.

Hey !!!! Confusedhock: I heard that whispered ......."perfectionist" :geek: Wink Wink Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
"lands in the fibers of the carpet.."
Lose the carpet! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:"lands in the fibers of the carpet.."
Lose the carpet! Thumbsup

Use the "crevice" attachment on your shop vac or vacuum cleaner, stretching a piece of nylon pantyhose material over the end which fits into the hose (nylon stockings would, in my opinion, provide more entertainment value, but that's another subject entirely Goldth ).
The restricted opening gives more suction than the carpet tool. You'll end up with a cleaner carpet, and, once you sort through the ball of carpet fuzz and other detritus, a pile of detail parts to remind you of long forgotten projects from the past. I learned this trick when my first model railroad "workshop" was in the kids' no-longer-used playroom, complete with a really sharp-looking shag carpet in vivid orange. Thumbsup Thumbsup Crazy

Wayne