Non-Railroad Photos
Got to agree, it's always nice to see a sunrise or sunset like this, but especially nice when you get to see it over and over again... Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
We have lived here for 29 years and this was the first time we have spotted a redheaded woodpecker at the feeders.

Bruce

My brother Peter took this photo of the sun rising over the east end of my hometown

Nice shot, Ed.

The weather here, on the other hand, has been a little fickle, as seen in this view of our backyard...

...and it's a long walk through the snow when anybody feels like using the pool.

Wayne
here is a shot of the longwall shear at mine i use to work at had to sneak camera in as it wasn't schedule  24  approved

shear weights 70 ton's without cutting drums , wall is 1500 ft. long lift cylinders on shields are 250 ton's weigh 23 ton's.
Strange bed fellows.

Bruce

Bruce, that spider will be having snake snacks for weeks.  Wish I had him around here to take care of the blasted squirrels and chipmunks.

Wayne
Wayne - here's something you might want to consider,

https://www.nestneed.com/collections/bes...gKD9PD_BwE

I just started using one in the back yard and it seems to have reduced interference with the solar lights around the Backyard & Southern. I just ordered 4 more for various places around the yard. Be forewarned though, lead came can be rather long. The first one took 2 months to arrive, mainly due to shipping delays caused by the virus.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Here's something as dangerous as any snake, it's a Gila Monster resting by our front entry when we lived in Wickenburg. We just left it there until it decided to move on.... Just one of the reasons we decided to move on as well.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
OMG! , Bruce, the two things I hate most Eek ....cripes Icon_e_surprised

I'll get in on this thread, heres a pic taken at about 5:20AM just outside of my dept. at work last week. I thought it looked like the day was pushing the clouds away...
[Image: EDl7OgJ.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Interesting device, Tom, but I doubt that they'd get enough sunlight to work around here, as we have lots of trees, in addition to the yard being fairly large and oddly-shaped.
I do have fair success controlling the chipmunks with rat traps, but the squirrels are pretty-much impossible to trap (rat traps won't work for squirrels) and they seem to easily take the bait from live-trap that I borrowed from my son-in-law.
At the rate they're chewing through the walls of my garage (formerly a house, and over 100 years old) and much of the stuff stored in it, perhaps it'll collapse and kill 'em all. Applause

If I were living out in the country, I'd simply shoot them, but there are too many houses and people around here to do that safely.

Wayne
While rail-fanning the other day I got distracted---like the licence says "nic 1 eh"

Thanks to the continuing drought in the remote reaches of northern Iowa we've had some pretty spectacular colors this fall.

Tom

The neighborhood gang...

7 of them.  They showed up again the following evening but the light wasn't as good.

Tom

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, dinner!!!!!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string