Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Hi, some of you already know me as I used to be a active member before Zealot took over. Now that the forum is back under control of model railroaders I have been meaning to get back here more often. I have been modeling the area of the Murphy branch of the Southern RR ( now the Great Smoky Mountain RR) in N scale since forever as that is where I now live. I thought about modeling where I used to live but they never had any RR's in the middle of the Everglades Icon_lol . Using modelers license I rerouted the Southern from around the Nantahala mountain range to thru it to break the link with the Graham County Railroad. My totally mythical RR shares a junction with both of those railroads at a place called Tellico Gap junction, North Carolina. In real life there is a Tellico Gap in that spot in NC but it is wilderness (see what happens when no RR is there! Goldth ). Version one was way to big and there is nobody in these parts that are interested in operations so I downsized to version two (which Pete ( sumpter250) saw), but it was too big also. Version three is 72" by 28" and will have a three foot unscenicked staging yard at each end when I'm done. Those two yards represent Southern's yards in Bryson/Asheville NC to the east and Murphy NC to the west. It also has a staging track (which makes a continuous loop) hidden behind a ridge on the scenicked portion which represents the Grahm County RR in Robbinsville NC. The time period is late 60's and the major industries are pulpwood, fruniture, pallets and feed as that is what it was back then. Here are a few pics of what I have done so far, I will post some more as time and progress permit. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string

Messages In This Thread