Hi scenery fans
Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that I am subbing in for Deano as co-moderator of the forum for awhile. I've been reading through all the posts, and there is some great stuff here!!! Trying to post responses to all, and about 1/4 of the way so far.

Scenery is one of my favourite parts of the hobby, and although my layout is mostly industrial/urban, I find there are still places where a little bit of scenery goes a long way.

Here's a couple of pix from my layout, by way of introduction. Smile

[Image: alley.jpg]

This is a very early scene from several years ago. If you look closely at the foreground tree, you'll see it's just set there and not really planted. I ended up re-arranging this scene when I expanded the layout.

[Image: crane.jpg]

Another scene that is no more. I like to model grass and weeds with a fair bit of dried earth showing. It gives it that urban flavour of weeds struggling against great odds! On my lawn their odds are a lot better... Icon_lol

Here's a couple of more recent shots. Even though my layout is set in the city, there are some "waste" areas that make for scenic opportunities.

[Image: curve2.jpg]

[Image: curve3.jpg]

[Image: weeds.jpg]

I used Scenic Express grass mats here and I must say that they are excellent. I don't like the mats that have weeds and flowers already added -- I think they're too dense, so I prefer to add my own.

Here's a small residential section in progress, by day and then later on in the early evening.

[Image: houses_sm.jpg]

[Image: house_night.jpg]

Well, that's all the pix I have at the moment. It's great to be aboard the Scenic express!

cheers
Val

Messages In This Thread