A personal anniversary
doctorwayne Wrote:...I noticed today that I'm also on their list of "Notable Members". Eek I wonder if that's because I deleted all of my photos from their Gallery before I left? Misngth

Wayne

Yeah, I got a kick out of that. Notice that of the list of "Notable Members", 19 out of 20 are from the Gauge. Only one is from the paper side, and he was an admin for a long time and left about the same time as we did. That list is populated by the most prolific posters, and won't be overtaken by paper guys for a long time. They will catch up though since most of don't us post there anymore. Nope

nachoman Wrote:I don't think I officially got banned for "necroposting". I got banned to nor responding to a PM in a timely manner from an admin who wanted me to swear and agree to the forum rules. Someone here talked about being banned for replying to an old thread, so I went over, found an old thread, and responded "nice job!" or something like that. Then I got the warning about necroposting, a PM about how I will be banned if I don't respond to the PM in 30 minutes, and 30 minutes later another PM to tell me I have been banned. I was actually quite proud of myself Smile

I remember that. Since your username doesn't show up, I'm assuming that they removed your membership there. They used to have three ways of banning someone, the first is to actually "ban" them and keep them from logging in and posting. The second is to revoke their membership. That way, all your posts are attributed as being posted by a "guest" or your name is grayed out, and your username no longer appears on the member list. The third way is what Maico Shark did to me was to ban my IP address, so me and anyone else using my IP address would lose access to the forums. This way, you are banned, but don't look like it. :o
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread