Spend the day with an F-unit.
e-paw Wrote:I guess you're going in for a million miles rebuild, rest up and get healthy sir, and keep me posted. We are at the museum year round so the F's are always available. The NKP Gp-9 is going back together and it looks like our Fa-2 will be coming back to Steamtown.
Actually both knees are bone on bone and I don't see the surgeon until the 11th of July. Hard to tell how long after that before something can be done. I also fell about 6 weeks ago and screwed up my ribs and back and I am finally getting the help I need for that. I hope you have some takers.
I had a great bunch of volunteers at the KJR but a lot of the people that volunteered disappeared rapidly when they found out there was more to it than playing with the train. I had one fellow that loved track work and was a brute of a worker. He worked by himself one day and installed 22 ties all of it hand work, including tamping. It was cinder ballast which is much easier to retie and tamp, we did not do near as well when there was ballast to be dug out but 4 of us could do 20 a day by hand. Once I got the skid steer we could do 60 if I could get beside the track to push the old one out and the new one in.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread