Northern Branch in NJ Erie/EL/CR/CSX
While a new basement is just on the horizon and after building my previous New York & Atlantic inspired ISL I realized how much I wanted to model the Northern Railroad of NJ's Northern Branch in Bergen County NJ from the 1950s to the present day. This will include Erie railroad era mid 1950's, Erie Lackawanna era mid 1970's, Conrail era mid 1990's and CSX era 2005+. I'd like to attempt a multi era layout just for locomotive variety. I have a very crude track plan that I drew without measurements just to get an idea of the layout (a more detailed version will be made soon). I realize I can't quite replicate this branch line so extreme compression and influence from model railroaders Huron Terminal will be factored in with customers of the northern.
[Image: 20170705_004754_zpsks2l1o2a.jpg]
If you can read my rough draft The planned industries will include...(following photos shown were all taken on the northern)

WR Grace in North Bergen (chemicals)
[Image: image_zpsdjzicryl.jpg]
[Image: image_zps73ouoyb4.jpg]

JJ Demarest building supplies (lumber) and Weyerhaeuser (corrugated paper rolls) in Closter
[Image: image_zpsnxzy6hqa.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsrnbomc7n.jpg]

Supreme Oil in Englewood (vegetable oils and plastics)
[Image: image_zpshztm15jl.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1492188078286_zpshi00lsar.jpg]

Colorite Polymers in Ridgefield (plastics)
[Image: image_zpsbu367hhj.jpg]

[Image: image_zps8znwf7ba.jpg]

[Image: image_zpssvguqqfb.jpg]

Cove Industries in Northvale (corrugated paper rolls)
[Image: image_zpsqalysxr7.jpg]

[Image: image_zps8uuegmk0.jpg]

There's also 4 passenger station still left standing and would like to include one on the layout and maybe even a town of Tenafly based business district scene.
[Image: image_zps1loigrou.jpg]
[Image: image_zpsuxpfhdsa.jpg]

And to round it all up there's plenty of rent-a-wrecks, switching on the fly and shoving platform operations to keep it all interesting

[Image: image_zpspdzkz9v1.jpg]
[Image: image_zpswmou1ubh.jpg]
[Image: image_zps64yuivm8.jpg]
[Image: image_zpsytqha4m5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread