search
Yeah, the search engine for myBB is on a par with the one we had using phpBB. They both are minimal at best. I talked to Pat yesterday and he thinks there could be a plug-in to implement a Google search button. He'll do what he can, in the meantime, we can do like Mikey suggests.

As far a the changes that we made, I don't find it any more difficult to use than the old one. Things are called different names and appear in different places, but I think the basic operation is the same. We had vBulletin way back when, and each forum software packages has their own little quirks and learning curves. It didn't take too long to adapt to using this software, but we really didn't have much of a choice either. The old package was no longer supported and we had frequent crashes. One of which caused us to lose a lot of content, and we could no longer risk using that package.

Participation in forums is universally down and I attribute a lot of that to the increase of social media. One of our goals to to be able to tie into Facebook and other social sites. I don't know how that's going to affect how this site works, but Pat won't make any changes or add-ons unless he's sure that it will blend in and not make things more difficult to use.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
search - by Charlie B - 09-15-2018, 09:37 AM
RE: search - by ngauger - 09-15-2018, 01:31 PM
RE: search - by ezdays - 09-17-2018, 10:28 AM