The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, thanks Tom and everyone else, there's no doubt that being old really sucks when you are trying to recover. I decided to stay home and watch mass on TV, for some reason I don't think they'll let me sit in a pew with my legs stretched out. Nope There's nothing seriously wrong, just that I ache from my kneecaps to my shoulders. I think after they put me to sleep, they wheeled me out onto US60 to do the surgery and we got clipped a few times by traffic. That's the only explanation that I can think that fits. Icon_rolleyes

So anyway, I did manage to sit at the computer long enough to get a basic design on my log cabin. I think this one is going to be like the old homesteaders did, you design as you go with the materials you have at hand. What's really amazing is how accurate their cuts and notches are, making dovetail notches on both ends of a 40' log and have them fit perfectly.  I doubt that they even had rulers back then. Worship The same goes for putting up barns with mortise and tendon joints. If you haven't seen the show, I got my inspiration from "Barnwood Builders", they are on the Magnolia Network, (was the DYI channel), streaming, YouTube and a few other places...

Gotta go, take care and enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 08-14-2022, 08:04 AM