Oldies but Goodies
post 30

There once was a company back in the late 50s into the early 60s untill purchased by Life like. It was Silvine trains. I HAVE A FEW OT THERE 0-4-0T LITTLE SURBURBAN STEAM LOCOS. Life Like continued making this loco and called it a Tea Kettle. The Silvine version was made in Die cast metal in Japan by new one. the same supplier as Aristo Craft used to make their line of die cast steam locomotives.
frank

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Post 31

Here is what i had done to the two Silvine Teakettles I have. They have become CNJ surburban locomotives. CNJ had early surburban type locos back around the Civil War. Locomotives 14 and 15. They were the Locomotives Hornet, and the Wasp.
frank

Hornet, Wasp, did the Navy get it's aircraft carrier names from the central? Big Grin
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Maybe Steve. Both those insects have stingers, and when aroused become very determined (never give up, never surrender) in their quest to sting what ever upset them. Because of these traits the Navy and the Railroad liked and used these names.
POP
post 34

Here is the John English Pacific 4-6-2. If it looks alot like the Lionel Pacific it should, It was made from the same dies.

post 35
** Not being able to continue to edit has messed this post-up.
* I see no one has kept this thread going.
* I guess no one likes old trains. No DCC here !
* I'll add another. last 7 photos posted. Now I cant edit post 1 so I cant edit index and add this photo to original index. that means from now on index will be splitup all over the post. Big reason why there isn't 50 more photos here.
** post 25, Marx 0-4-0t, NYC # 20.
* post 27, Marx F3, Santa-Fe.
* post 28, HO Train co. PRR J1 in brass.
* post 29, HObbyline B&O FM H 10 44
* post 30, Silvine 0-4-0t's
* post 31, 2 CNJ surburban tankers.
* post 34, John English Pacific 4-6-2
* post 35, John English Mikado 2-8-2 1957. This post. return to post 1 for index post 1 to post 34 to see what is here.

post 36
I'm back for one more post.
Here are 2 hard to find small locomotives. To the right is a Mantua U.S.Navy steam 0-6-0t saddle tanker. To the left is a U.S.Navy diesel hustler 0-B-0 diesel made with Athearn parts, and finished by Lionel. Yep, it is a rubber-band Hi-Fi drive Hustler. A little over a year after this one came out Lionel released their own copy of this diesel. They called it a Huskey. It was gear driven.
frank

* Here is a Silvine 0-4-0t Teakettle Locomotive. The body and frame are made of Die-cast Metal. The motor is a vertical shaft type. I had this locomotive for 20 years or more. and have collected 5 more. Two I have repainted to CRR of NJ loco numbers 14 and 15 which are 14 the "Hornet" and 15 the "Wasp". Real locomotives of the Elizabeth and Sommerville. Latter to become the CRR of NJ. One refinished to the Reading RR. The other three are still original in the original boxes

Original Silvine box with loco photo.

A look at a rare 0-4-0t Teakettle with a saddle tank. B&O #62. Up to 1 year ago I didn't know this loco existed for no catalog record of it remains only marking on this locomotive to show its manufacture is the word Japan. The company who made locomotives of this type construction is New One Japan
Because the drive is exactly like the one used on the Silvine 0-4-0t Teakettle B&O #25 which is marked New One, Japan. And the drives are interchangeable so I say the manufacturer of this loco is the New One company.  This makes a second Teakettle made by them.

B&O #62

A look at another rarely seen 0-4-0t Teakettle, New haven #60 with a large Saddletank. It is also marked only Japan. It is made in a way of the Company New One of Tokyo Japan. It is identical in drive frame, pilot, motor, and gearing. This drive unit can exactly fit both the Silvine 0-4-0t teakettle B&O #25 body which is clearly marked New One Japan and this large Saddle tank locomotive, New Haven #60. This confirms the fact that this unmarked locomotive is the third Teakettle of New One Lineage.
*** New Haven #60

post 24

Here is the HObbyline FM H-12-44. It is made with the H Lowery designed body. It has a rear roof overhang. The rounded off battery box down to the side walkway. The front curved car-like radiator grill. All these things were removed from later versions of the H-10-44. All are factory painted models.

first is a HObbyline road named switcher.

The first is is an undecorated one with the road name HObbyline 

The second is a Pennsylvania Railroad model.

The third is a Lehigh Valley railroad model. I have the body off to show the drive.

A fourth FM switcher Union Pacific was added when I acquired the set named "The Hill Topper' #425 a 1954 released set.

A fifth is The B&O.

A sixth is the C&O.

A seventh the ATSF is not an original painted one, but a copy I made to have until I can get an original one.

These would complete all the FM H12-44 released by HObbyline. Today 1-14-21 I received notice that I acquired a very good C&O H-12-44. 

I have two others that are HObbyline models painted for other railroads. I did 2 the CNJ and NYC.