GEC's Layout Progress
Chris, I love seeing your trains, and now, even better, you may be the one that helps turn Cancer Care Centers into Cancer Cure Centers.
Charlie
Chris,
There is an ALCO Models E44 on ebay at this time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alco-Models-Bra...4902.l9144

Paul
Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately though, the Alco models ones aren't so great.  They are definitely not to scale, believe it or not.   The Alpha E44As are the goal as far as E44s go.  They are harder to come by and afford, however.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
I can now add a SEPTA ACS-64 "Sprinter" engine to my roster. I figure there will be plenty of Amtrak units, but my understanding is that the SEPTA ones are cleared out. It will definitely be a nice change of pace from the usual AEM-7s and Silverliners.

On the other hand, I suppose Silverliners are a rare sight on model railroad layouts, and so maybe I should run them more often!

[Image: 20180721_163225.jpg]

Speaking of AEM-7s, now that Atlas has put out a second run, I have managed to collect all of the first run AEM-7s. Amtrak 901 and MARC 4902 were the only ones I did not have, and now they are in my collection. Its to bad now I will have to spend a decade acquiring the rest of the new run, of which I only have ALP44 #4409.

[Image: 20180714_144503.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]