My observations
foulrift Wrote:If it is OK with the forum members I would like to be given another chance

Happy to see that you have changed your mind - I enjoy seeing the stuff you are making for your railroad !

I also enjoy watching the stuff a lot of other modelers do, too - even if I don't comment on every picture or post, I pretty much look at every picture and pretty much read all new posts, and sometimes I browse back or search for posts I remember from before.

I feel like am learning something new and useful about model railroading every single day.

Smile,
Stein
Thanks guys I appreciate it.Now that I did the stupid thing and deleted my layout photos,I'll have to take some new ones.
I would like to add two things-
1. I read a post the other day and the person mentioned that he liked RR bridges. I took the book out of the library the other day- it is called The Beauty of Railroad Bridges-in North America-Then and Now -by Richard J. Cook. It contains pictures (B&W) of all kinds of RR bridges and many diagrams.
2.I will be 62 in June and I am taking early retirement.I already filed the paper work but need to go to Social Security office and fill out papers for a dependent child. I have a 14 year old son. Bob
I'm very pleased that you've reconsidered, Bob. Goldth

Wayne
Sorry you felt that way bob.

foulrift Wrote:Also my layout follows no known prototype and neither do my buildings. They are of my own design.

I like you layout idea and think it is very creative. I have planned something similar but my twist of local railroading is based off all the previous jobs I had around the area and making them a part of my layout.
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
To me, this forum is just like fishing. I'll put together a nice juicy treat with some pictures, wrap it around a hook with a few questions back, and then I'll just fling it out there and let it sit to see who bites! Sometimes, I get skunked and I skulk off with nothing on the stringer. Other times, I get a hit almost as soon as it touches the water. You just never know who's swimming around and who's goin'ta bite on what! Welcome back. 357
Are you sayin' I'm a bass TrainNut? Icon_lol
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Well Bob - being 62 means you're never too old to have a happy childhood! Get some layout work done and buy some train stuff just because you want too! After working all your life, you deserve it.
Mark

--and--
Well, welcome back and congratulations on the retirement. It's a great life Big Grin

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
foulrift Wrote:Thanks guys I appreciate it.Now that I did the stupid thing and deleted my layout photos,I'll have to take some new ones.
I would like to add two things-
1. I read a post the other day and the person mentioned that he liked RR bridges. I took the book out of the library the other day- it is called The Beauty of Railroad Bridges-in North America-Then and Now -by Richard J. Cook. It contains pictures (B&W) of all kinds of RR bridges and many diagrams.
2.I will be 62 in June and I am taking early retirement.I already filed the paper work but need to go to Social Security office and fill out papers for a dependent child. I have a 14 year old son. Bob

Well, that's ok, it gives us all an opportunity to see some new, fresh photos of your operation, nothing wrong with that in my book.

With my limited time lately, this is my getaway (that and staring at my Denise Milani Screensaver and harassing my buddies over at UP via email). I thus only click "view new posts" button to go right to the latest posts. Rarely do I have the time to visit each individual section of the site. I apologize, but I have a lot of irons in the fire right now. So, I am VERY much a "picture" kind of guy. I like to look at photos. Especially given that my layout it crated up and no time to work on it right now, I guess you can say I model vicariously through some of you guys with layouts. I hope to change that here soon, but for the time being, I'm like that little fat kid with glasses in Kindergarten who likes to finger paint and eat the paste. Show me some pictures and I am happy.

So post those photos. Even if I only have a few seconds on a boring conference call to look around (in fact, I am on the phone right now) and don't have time to respond by type, do know that at least I am looking at them, so I am sure I am by far not alone. I would bet many others are looking too.

Glad you decided to stay on though, remember, there are dozens of model railroad forums on the evil internet, but only one is as friendly and cordial as this one. Cheers
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Herc Driver Wrote:Are you sayin' I'm a bass TrainNut? Icon_lol

Oh man, that would make me a large mouth bass then... Goldth
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Tom Wrote:
Herc Driver Wrote:Are you sayin' I'm a bass TrainNut? Icon_lol

Oh man, that would make me a large mouth bass then... Goldth
Bite..., bite..., bite, bite..... fish on!!!!!!!
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Mark

--and--
Thanks everyone. The retirement deal is still in the paperwork phase.I turn 62 at the end of June and according to them I would start getting my first check the end of Aug. Along with layout work I still have a couple of things left over from when I got my tax refund but all in good time.
I have posts in the HO and layout sections that now have no photos. Is it possible to delete them? I will be posting new photos in the HO thread soon. Thanks again-Bob
foulrift Wrote:Thanks everyone. The retirement deal is still in the paperwork phase.I turn 62 at the end of June and according to them I would start getting my first check the end of Aug. Along with layout work I still have a couple of things left over from when I got my tax refund but all in good time.
I have posts in the HO and layout sections that now have no photos. Is it possible to delete them? I will be posting new photos in the HO thread soon. Thanks again-Bob
Bob,

Just send me links, or the names of the threads you want to delete and I'll take care of things for you. PM me or post them here.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
foulrift Wrote:I have posts in the HO and layout sections that now have no photos. Is it possible to delete them? I will be posting new photos in the HO thread soon. Thanks again-Bob

Both threads have been removed, Bob.

Wayne