Vintage Transformers
Here is the growing collectiomn of vintage transformers.

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=950]

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=951]

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=952]

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=953]

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=954]
AF: I have a couple like the last Lionel one.
Can you give a shot of the side of the first American Flyer one with the control? I used to know a Lionel one a bit like that -- is there a series of taps as the handle goes around?
And what is the cycle range on it?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:AF: I have a couple like the last Lionel one.
Can you give a shot of the side of the first American Flyer one with the control? I used to know a Lionel one a bit like that -- is there a series of taps as the handle goes around?
And what is the cycle range on it?

Will make it a priority in the morning on the old flyer transformer it is pretty neat and unusual I think it may predate S gauge and be from the wide gauge or prewar O not sure just a guess Icon_lol

All are in functioning condition by the way replaced a power cord on the lionel and some terminal nuts on a couple of the transformers. I have another marx transformer somewhere that says toy transformer and has fixed voltage output may be from an old race set :race: Big Grin
Had a crazy morning but as promised here are some more pics of the flyer x-former.

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=990]

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=991]

[Image: image.php?album_id=81&image_id=992]

It is 50 to 133 cycles Eek
Thanks. That control is about what I remember -- 7 discrete taps from the transformer. Not sure what the 4 posts do.
50 to 133 cycles? Yikes! Of course, the one I remember was 25 cycles (Niagara Falls converted to 60 cycles in the 50s sometime; Santa Claus actually had to borrow the transformer from upstairs when I got my first electric train.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.