KY Rock & Asphalt - 4x4 On30 Layout
I've been working on the bridge, trying to hide all the gaps & seams...

[Image: kra5.jpg]
-Drew-
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
Looks great! Will you be connecting the 'front' and 'back' arches with some sort of stonework beneath the track?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
ocalicreek Wrote:Looks great! Will you be connecting the 'front' and 'back' arches with some sort of stonework beneath the track?

Galen
Thanks Galen! Smile
I don't think I'll mess with doing the underside of the bridge...it's totally cosmetic...the track is actually held up by a piece of masonite...My grandson & I were busy casting those tunnel portals, & I thought that would be a way we could do a cheap fast & easy bridge! Icon_lol
He seems to be pretty happy with it! He said when we were building it that he wanted to have a tunnel & a bridge, & so we do! :mrgreen:
-Drew-
Real nice Drew. I especially like the rock work.Bob
Holy cow that looks saweeet! Thumbsup
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Thanks guys!

I think my next project with this one will be to add a small cabin next to the creek...
-Drew-
Quote:He seems to be pretty happy with it! He said when we were building it that he wanted to have a tunnel & a bridge, & so we do!

Can't ask for more than that! Looks great, and keep us posted as you build the cabin. Might I suggest a water-powered grist mill?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Excellent scene that seems to have a "charachter" of it's own. Good work! Thumbsup
I've started working on this little cabin to go alongside the creek...

[Image: cabin1.jpg]

I'm scratchbuilding it from styrene...

ocalicreek Wrote:... Might I suggest a water-powered grist mill?

Galen

Y'know, when the plan was for doing HO, that's exactly what I was planning for that scene, but when we switched to O scale, both the scene & the stream shrank quite a bit!
-Drew-
Got a little more done on the cabin yesterday..

[Image: cabin2.jpg]
-Drew-
A little more progress on the cabin...

[Image: cabin5.jpg]
-Drew-
Everything looks excellent!
I'm green with envy.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Thanks Ed! Smile

Here's the latest on the little cabin...

[Image: cabin7.jpg]

The roof isn't attached here...as you can see I still have a little painting left to do on it...
I still want to build a chimney, & I haven't decided what I'm going to cover the roof with...???
-Drew-
Nice Drew! I like the sagging supports and the color of the wood stain. Looks very convincing!
Ralph
Cool. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/