Blue Star Ready Mix, Building a Cement Plant
Hi guys,

This is where i will be posting my progress on my cement plant module. It will feature the following Walthers Cornerstone Buildings:

1. Valley Cement (1)
2. Red X Cement (2)
3. Blue Star Ready Mix Batch Plant (1)
4. Bulk Transfer Conveyor (1)
5. Black Gold Asphalt (1)

These are what will make up the main structures of the Module. I still have not decided if i will be includeing the Asphalt Plant, it will depend on if i have enough room left over after i add in the second Red X Cement plant lol. All of the structures that i listed above have been sprayed all the same colors and will all be decaled for Blue Star Ready Mix.

All of this will be housed on a module that is 2x8' with 1" blue foam as the base. This makes the module extremely light and easy to handle by myself lol. Central Valley Code 70 track and turnouts will be used on the module.

Here is a brief description of the module before i post any pics, which ill do in the morning, getting late and im getting more and more tired every minute lol.

The Left front of the module will house a massive 24 silo structure, featuring a Red X Super Detailed Silo Structure, followed by the Valley Cement Silo Structure, and then another Super Detailed Red X Silo Structure. The middle silo structure, which is the Valley Cement Silo Structure, will have a conveyor from the roof that travels to the other Valley Cement Buildings which will be located along the back left side and take up about half the back side of the 8' module. Between the 24 silos and the Valley Cement Buildings, there will be 3-4 tracks, one of which will continue down on the middle of the module and lead to the Bulk Transfer Conveyor, which will be located behind the Valley Cement's Bulk Storage Structure in the middle back of the module. Behind the Bulk Transfer Conveyor will be 2 concrete storage bunkers that face each other. Directly in front of the Bulk Transfer Conveyor and the storage bunkers will be the Blue Star Ready Mix Batch Plant. The Asphalt Plant would have to be squeezed in along the front of the module between the 24 silos and the Batch Plant if i wanted it on the module, so we will see

Along the right side of the module, spanning the 2' section would be a large 4-6 lane road. Im thinking of doing the back half of the road with a bridge with a small creek running under it. on the front right side of the module would be the entrance to the huge cement plant for truck traffic. Im thinking i wanna do like a small hill up into the plant, with the entire plant being raised up above the large road, that might be kinda neat. Along the front of the module, between the silo structure and the Batch Plant, and between the Batch Plant to the entrance to the plant, there would be parking for cement trucks and gravel/dump trucks done up with the Blue Star Ready Mix paint scheme.

Now for the final thing i would like to do to the module. I want to have a large concrete bridge that is raised above the plant over the areas that the trucks would be parking, im thinking of having the bridge come in off the front of the module about in the middle, and travel all the way down to the right side of the module, where it would curve and go down the 2' side of the module next to the large 4-6 lanned road. This might be somewhat of a challenge, but it would give me an excuse to start making molds for the concrete bridges i was talking about a few weeks ago to start selling them lol. This bridge would only run along the front of the module, and be a 2 or 4 laned bridge with a K-Rail center divider down the center.

Stay Tunned guys, progress and pics to come soon!!!!
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
How's it coming?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!