I'm Still Wondering...
MountainMan Wrote:Not upset at all. I've noticed that ignoring the actual question to focus on some other issue is quite common here. It reminds me of trying to talk to my ex-wife.
At least the conversation is somehow related to the original subject and not completely off-topic like in some places. I guess these things happen though, even with a couple of people just talking over a cup of coffee... Wink that's human nature at work. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Quote:I'm still wondering, where are the loggers from the old forum...or just - "where are the loggers?", period.
I would suspect that a number of them followed Jon to his forum. There are a couple who have passed on. Some came here, Some stayed on at the old forum. I'm probably not too far off track in saying that some who were there, weren't all that interested in logging, at least not enough so, to follow us here.
To honestly answer your question, my "guess" isn't any better than yours, as to where they are, and why they aren't here.

.........then, there is the S.A.R. (Smart A. Reply).....Maybe they just got board with logging. Icon_lol Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Quote:I'm still wondering, where are the loggers from the old forum...or just - "where are the loggers?", period.
I would suspect that a number of them followed Jon to his forum. There are a couple who have passed on. Some came here, Some stayed on at the old forum. I'm probably not too far off track in saying that some who were there, weren't all that interested in logging, at least not enough so, to follow us here.
To honestly answer your question, my "guess" isn't any better than yours, as to where they are, and why they aren't here.

.........then, there is the S.A.R. (Smart A. Reply).....Maybe they just got board with logging. Icon_lol Wink
Well, I wouldn't want to see anyone "leave", but sometimes their "bark" is worse than their bite. Icon_lol Oppps, sorry about that, but someone got me hooked on SAR's over on Zealot... They know who they are, don't they. 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Quote:Well, I wouldn't want to see anyone "leave", but sometimes their "bark" is worse than their bite. Icon_lol Oppps, sorry about that, but someone got me hooked on SAR's over on Zealot... They know who they are, don't they.
Icon_lol Icon_lol

Sorry?.......I don't think so.....
Hooked?......now you know I wouldn't do anything like that.........would I. Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
well, yes, I think you wood.....
Cid
Sumpter250 Wrote:Sorry?.......I don't think so.....
Hooked?......now you know I wouldn't do anything like that.........would I. Icon_twisted
Nope, I don't think you would Wink But someone else here might just do that... Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
cid, in noticing your location, I'm wondering if you missed the last train, or if you're on it. Or are you just monkee-ing around with us? Wink Goldth

As for MountainMan's original question, perhaps they're just having trouble logging in. Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:cid, in noticing your location, I'm wondering if you missed the last train, or if you're on it. Or are you just monkee-ing around with us? Wink Goldth

As for MountainMan's original question, perhaps they're just having trouble logging in. Misngth

Wayne
Hmm, seems as if he may be stumped... I'd just leave things be for now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
...Or maybe they set a turnout wrong...and wound up in the wrong branch.... 357
Gus (LC&P).
Quote:well, yes, I think you wood.....
Cid, Icon_lol Icon_lol...............and the rest?, punny, very punny. Maybe it's time to get the monkee off the branch, before the last train leaves for Clarksville.
Nope I didn't really say that............... Icon_twisted Oh yes I did!

Back to Logging. The "Logging, Mining & Industrial Annual (spring 2009) Has a great photo spread on the Diamond & Caldor, 3' gauge logging railroad in El Dorado county, Caloifornia. Lots of 3' gauge Shays, stub switches, trestles, and logging! I just might have to dig out that MDC HOn3 shay kit!
Or maybe someone just crowned them and felled them where they stood before dragging them away. Icon_lol

Top Ten reasons To Avoid Asking Serious Questions On This Forum...
MountainMan Wrote:Top Ten reasons To Avoid Asking Serious Questions On This Forum...
You want a serious answer, ask some serious people. Besides, you didn't really expect anyone to know the answer to that one anyways, did you? Tongue
In a more serious vein, perhaps some of the "missing" loggers can be found at one of these sites:

Railroad Line Forums

The Whistle Post

All Model Railroading

Not being a modeller of the logging scene, I'm unsure of for whom in particular you're searching, but a quick "google" yielded those three links. There are many more to be had, too.

Wayne
Best answer I can give (having only just found this thread) is:

We lost a lot of members from Zealot, when we moved here. They were, and still are interested in different aspects of Modeling. It was left, by Don & I, up to each individual whether they wanted to come and look, come here and stay, come in & visit occasionally, or not even stop in for a look-see.

The ones that followed us here, most definitely are, and always will be, appreciated!!!!

It is a much quieter place here, much easier to follow conversations and Don will qualify this: it's Much Much easier to run the daily operations here, than it was, on Zealot.....

MountainMan Smile As far as DoctorWayne's comment, I remember how much fun it was getting you to send me your e-mail so I could formally invite you here. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Don & I really don't want any negativity from other forums, but please, feel free to invite someone that may have been left behind.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
TrainNut Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:Top Ten reasons To Avoid Asking Serious Questions On This Forum...
You want a serious answer, ask some serious people. Besides, you didn't really expect anyone to know the answer to that one anyways, did you? Tongue

Surprisingly, I actually had hopes, given the astute and experienced nature of the members.