"A trolly layout on the go"
Check out the May 2009 Railroad Model Craftsman article about the Northwest Traction Group's modular traction layout. I've seen this at Trainfest, and been able to watch them set it up.
Power is overhead wire!, and the layout is modular! It runs beautifully, and looks great!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Should there be a link? :?
Quote:Should there be a link?
Good question!
To my knowledge Railroad Model Craftsman doesn't have an online version of their magazine. If someone knows of one, please post it.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
The East Penn groups layouts in HO and O scales predate the Northwest Traction Group by a few years. The East Penn Standards are for double track modules while the Northwest Traction Group uses single track. I've built modules to the East Penn Standards since the early 1970's, I'm getting ready to build a few to the Northwest Traction Groups single track standards because they reflect the norm for most Midwest traction properties. I'll probably build a transition module so I can combine the 'old' with the 'new' and be able to use my existing modules together with the new ones.

http://www.eastpenn.org

Greg Melby
Seattle, WA.
Thanks for including the "Eastpenn" link. There may be others here who could use the information.
Pete