Time for a new Photo of the Month?
I hope I am not treading on any toes...please accept my apologies now if I am.

This sub-forum seems to suffer a bit from a lack of activity and popularity. I would have to conclude that it is something about its content....? It has been several weeks since the last Photo of the Month which I think was at least as widely subscribed in terms of contributions and other forms of appreciation as any other forum I frequent from day-to-day. I actually think the first/last one was very well attended.

Would we consider offering another? Is there something I am not seeing or appreciating? Do we need a host? Maybe some ideas?

I feel strongly that the both the caliber and number of imagery contributions, whether in the form of a weekly show-and-tell or a monthly friendly contest, is a banner bearer for all such forums. The various entries serve as fodder for getting people not only involved, but also more interested and appreciative of their own modelling efforts and layouts. It acts as a stimulus and motivation for onlookers as well as for those contributing. It is rare that one or two contributors monopolize the contests, or certainly not for long...and that is my point....eventually we begin to see some really top-notch modelling that helps us all to appreciate all that creative minds of all kinds can bring to the hobby...not just the initially strongest or "best". The variation in the subjective representations (entries) and the subjective nature of their judging makes for a better hobby IMO.

Well, I have shot my bolt. I would welcome any dialog or education that anyone can offer. I think we're missing something here.

-Crandell