Building a Module; HO Scale Photo Diorama
Good idea - I really like the weathering on the equipment/cars!

- Dan
Josh, if you don't find a different location for it to get a better background, you could always make a back drop to hide the out of scale garden plants and fence behind everything.
doctorwayne Wrote:Looks great, Josh, and a good way to get some of your construction equipment into the photos along with the trains. Thumbsup

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, this was a very fun build, and i would like to do another similar to it with all the construction scenes, but, i think i will wait till i start some of the mainline modules for the M&ET to do some more construction scenes 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Dan85 Wrote:Good idea - I really like the weathering on the equipment/cars!

- Dan

Dan, thanks so much, that means alot coming from you with your GREAT layout!! Misngth

Russ Bellinis Wrote:Josh, if you don't find a different location for it to get a better background, you could always make a back drop to hide the out of scale garden plants and fence behind everything.

Russ, thanks for the tips, ive been thinking about getting a few different backdrops that would not necessary would have to stay permanent and i could switch them around and change them up on the different modules..... My only obstacle is price Wallbang One of these days, ill bite the bullet and get some nice rolling hill backdrops and some city scene backdrops :mrgreen:
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Josh, havig a few different backdrops is a very good idea, though I envy you for the palms trees in yout backyard. I love palms and the warm weather that comes with them (hmm...or was it the other way round Nope Goldth ), but they would not survive the winter here.
Kurt
LOOKS GOOD Cheers
Have fun with it.    
this is one I've used for a wile now It's about ready for an upgrade.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Thats a great idea building a photo diaramma, I think I may do something like that in the roaring 20's, I wonder if the wife would mind me displaying something like that in the living room. Icon_lol
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Josh - you build beautiful modules which is not just all track - but which has set aside enough room for trucks and roads as well. You almost make me want to remove some tracks to be able to fit in more roads Goldth

Bravo!

Smile,
Stein
Josh:
Lookin' terrific, as usual. I like the detail you put into your scenes, especially the heavy equipment. BUT...where is your asphalt laying machine?? And the steel drum roller to pack it down?? Goldth Goldth
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
cnw1961 Wrote:Josh, havig a few different backdrops is a very good idea, though I envy you for the palms trees in yout backyard. I love palms and the warm weather that comes with them (hmm...or was it the other way round Nope Goldth ), but they would not survive the winter here.

Icon_lol i had to take a second look out in my backyard, i didnt remember having palm trees, but i do have a few it looks like Eek :oops: hehehe ive always liked palm trees
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
e-paw Wrote:LOOKS GOOD Cheers
Have fun with it.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
this is one I've used for a wile now It's about ready for an upgrade.

Thanks e-paw Goldth

your photo diorama looks pretty neat as well, i like the trees, they can really pull a scene together Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
wgrider Wrote:Thats a great idea building a photo diaramma, I think I may do something like that in the roaring 20's, I wonder if the wife would mind me displaying something like that in the living room. Icon_lol

Icon_lol if the wife lets you Lynn, i look forward to seeing some pics as you build it and seeing what you come up with, you do some great work so im sure it wont be anything but a GREAT scene Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup 2285_ 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
steinjr Wrote:Josh - you build beautiful modules which is not just all track - but which has set aside enough room for trucks and roads as well. You almost make me want to remove some tracks to be able to fit in more roads Goldth

Bravo!

Smile,
Stein

Thank-you Stein for the kind words Goldth

Roads are just as important to me as tracks are, trucks and trains work together to make life possible to live, and we would not survive without them in this world :mrgreen:

And hey, what good would no roads do for me, where would i be able to drive all my trucks on Misngth Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Josh:
Lookin' terrific, as usual. I like the detail you put into your scenes, especially the heavy equipment. BUT...where is your asphalt laying machine?? And the steel drum roller to pack it down?? Goldth Goldth

Carl, thanks buddy :mrgreen:

As for the paving machine, i have yet to get a couple of them. Ive been looking at a couple Kibri Models but havnt bought them yet. i REALLY want to get a brass one by Classic Construction, but there WAY to expensive for me right now Eek Wallbang LOL

I also need to order some Road Pavers and a Cold Planner or 2 as well, when i get a new job, those will be among the things i will have to get as they are a MUST have in the construction business Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Looks good. I always like to follow what you are doing and this looks like another great project.

Regards,
Mike