Creeper's layout ideas
Hi everyone, this is my first post here on the gauge, so I guess i should cut to the point. I am building my second layout, as my first was flooded out in a basement, nothing to be salvaged. So, in the name of the gauge, I commemorate this thread to ideas for the second layout. I know I want helper operations and a passenger terminal, so I was thinking a two level railroad. I will be back sometime soon with some trackplans. 219
Welcome Aboard Collin
You will find some great ideas here just by looking at various layout threads. Gary S has a great thread on building a layout, and the current thread of 59th and rust has some outstanding ideas for scenery.
GEC has a lot of information about passenger operations, and Ralph has an excellent PC layout from the late 60's-early 70's.
Drwayne has some great stuff from the 30's as well as some great scenery building techniques.
There are many more that I haven't mentioned that are all equally as talented, and any questions you have will be answered.
If you don't get a quick reply, it isn't because you are being ignored because for the most part here the folks that have the answers will respond, and if we don't we are busy trying to find a proper answer for you.
Enjoy and be active here.
Charlie
Welcome Welcome Welcome to Big Blue, Collin Cheers Cheers
I'm sure you will find ideas, and help here. Sorry to hear about the "flood" Sad Hope you didn't lose too much.
"Stuff" is getting too expensive to replace, these days.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Welcome Collin! As soon as you post some info on the space you have to work with I'm sure you will get plenty of suggestions.
Welcome
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Oh, yeah... I should probably post some info about the space.

It's 7 and a half feet by 12 and a half feet. about 9 feet tall
Scale, time period, part of the country ?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Dang, I keep forgetting stuff. It will be HO scale, transition era, the hills of kentucky and Indiana.
Glad you could join us! Welcome