PM problems
Is anyone here having problems either sending or receiving PM's? Some people have been sending PM's only to have them disappear. That includes me and even TrainNut. Not to everyone, but to some that I've sent and was suppose to have gotten.

I will ask Pat to look into this, but let me know, and for sure, be put on notice that this could be a problem that needs our attention.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I've been sending and receiving PMs with no problems, but, of course, it's difficult to say if someone has sent me ones which I didn't receive. Wink Misngth

Wayne
Hi Don---I received a couple of PM'S from Train Nut today but like Wayne,don't know if i've missed anything
Just PM'ed you.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
sent one to Deano, and it shows up in my sent folder, can't tell if he'll get it when he logs in though
-Steven-

The Zealot progress thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267</a><!-- m -->
The current progress thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923</a><!-- l -->
doctorwayne Wrote:I've been sending and receiving PMs with no problems, but, of course, it's difficult to say if someone has sent me ones which I didn't receive. Wink Misngth

Wayne

Ive been sending and receiveing quite a few, PM's, but like Wayne, i have no idea if i havnt received any PM's from members here. Ive replied to all PM's that came into my inbox, so if someone tried to reach me and i didnt reply, im assuming i didnt get it lol

I did send a PM to Todd and e-paw yesterday, both are showing up in my sent box but havnt heard back from them yet lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
When I send a PM now, it no longer goes into the "sent" folder but rather into the "outbox" where it just sits. It's not consistent however, as some get sent there and others do not. Once it gets put into the "outbox" I would assume you could go ahead and send it on or something but I can't figure out what to do with it from there.

Nutbar, thanks for the confirmation. I was not sure if you'd gotten those two this morning or not.
When you compose a message, it goes to your "outbox" until the other person opens it, then it goes to your "sent" folder. I have been sending and receiving PM's OK, but I was told that someone sent me a PM and I never got it. I sent on out earlier today and it went into my outbox, but then disappeared completely. I have had others complain that they've not been having similar problems. Right now, it doesn't seem consistent. I just got a test PM from 88 and from TrainNut. What happened on your end? Did these messages go into your sent folder when I opened them up?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I sent and received a pm today with no problem.

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
Well, I guess it's working for me then... though I thought in the past when I sent a PM, it went directly to the sent folder 'cause that's how I used to check that they got sent. The one I sent to you Don is now in the sent folder since you received it.
OK, we won't panic. I'm still going to wonder what happened to the one that I sent and doesn't show up anywhere. I'll try again and let you know what happens. Other than that, I'm figuring we'll just leave this sit for now. :|
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I did have a PM from SanteFeDu that said he got notification, but could not open my PM to him. That message is still sitting in my outbox, so presumably he cannot retrieve it.

Andrew
Mikey has emailed Pat and asked him to look into this. I have had some PM's go through, but definitely have lost some too...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I just sent some PMs to ezdays and ngauger. Let me know if you don't get them, they show in my outbox at the moment.

The server looks good, the sql database looks good. I'm not seeing any errors anywhere.
Often times I don't recieve e-mails that were supposedly sent to me. Other times, they're blank. I don't think all my e-mails are being sent, either, but will never know!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"