"New modules"
I have to find and fix the cause of " No ID address mark found on floppy disk " error message, before I can process and post any more photos. There's insufficient disk space on the hard drive, to load the Corel photo pro suite on this computer, and, i cannot upload photos from the camera directly to the computer that has the program installed, hence the need for "floppies" - - - - - ROCK, ----------------ME------------------ HARD PLACE ! Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted I wonder what effect a shotgun blast would have on an energized computer ! :evil: Icon_twisted Icon_lol Wink Smile
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Icon_twisted Icon_twisted I wonder what effect a shotgun blast would have on an energized computer ! :evil: Icon_twisted Icon_lol Wink Smile

I'm guessing a feeling of great satisfaction would ensue ... Let me know .... I've often had the urge to find out Icon_lol

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
" I'm guessing a feeling of great satisfaction would ensue ... "

Cheers

Followed by Oh ____ !!! now I gotta buy a new computer !!

Dumb question of the day: Wink Why is "satisfaction" always so short lived ? Sad
357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
OK, thought I had another "orphan"......turned out to be a b------d son- - - MY COMPUTER !!!!!
Actually I guess it's a good thing in the long run, I can't get my pictures to the "Floppy disk", which, after some thought, is not as bad as I initially feared. Blank 3-1/2" floppy disks are now almost impossible to find, and I can, after uploading the pic's to the computer, send them to CD-RW, and use that in the old 'puter with the corel package, to size/adjust/and save to media so I can upload them here.
Oh ! Pictures, that's what I came here to post !!! Icon_twisted Wink Big Grin Big Grin
This is a good shot of the marine railway, and "boatyard"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
A clearer shot of the opening in the side "skyboard", and a peek of the 10" back table, one of two now, with this module replacing the center one.

The opening and 10' back table on the opposite side. Here, you can see the " San Confoundus Fault Line ", that was caused by a slight glitch in the thinking process. :oops: Wink yup, I'm getting "old". :o 357

A good shot of the new two track rolling lift bridge, and a view from the back of the center module, that would have been difficult to shoot with the original skyboard in place.

A view from the front of the modules, yeah that train was moving fairly quickly

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The show was fun, I still have ( wait, let me calculate - - -) about 2.01835 tons :o Icon_twisted more detail to add.
I've already scrapped the side skyboards, they need to be half inch, instead of quarter inch. the quarter inch was too flimsy, for handling the module in and out of the car.
The house in the far right , back corner is going to get an addition before the next show ( most likely Trainfest this November, unless something comes up sooner. ), and there will be a lot more trees,shrubs, and "other green growth", that has to be built and added.
Pete you are probably having more fun with your computer than the law allows ! Icon_lol That said your harbor scene is awesome Worship !
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Cheers I've always liked your harbor and bridge scenes. This time I noticed what appears to be a pretty convincing willow tree. Nice!
It looks very realistic when the rails of the slip run really into the water.
Reinhard
Great looking scenes, Pete, and a real showcase of your modelling skills. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Ralph Wrote:Cheers I've always liked your harbor and bridge scenes. This time I noticed what appears to be a pretty convincing willow tree. Nice!
Ralph, That willow tree was probably the only one at Trainfest for quite some time now. I'm still playing with new techniques for building an even more "realistic Willow".....so far that's the best I've found.
Mike, Thank You, "Awesome" was what I was trying to achieve Wink .....I think I can still get just a little closer to it, Smile I just have to figure out how to do that. Icon_twisted 357
Reinhard, " It looks very realistic when the rails of the slip run really into the water." Fortunately, I have been able to see an actual "marine railway", and knew that you can still see the tops of the rails after the tops of the ties are under water. The last three ties are actually painted in, each one fading a bit more as it gets deeper.
I have been wanting to include the "slipway" in a scene for a long, long, time. Big Grin Wink Done !! 357 ( :oops: I still have to rust the rails and weather the ties )
Wayne, Thank You, my "modeling skills", seem to be improving with age and practice. The positive feedback is greatly appreciated, from you and everyone else.
It is especially appreciated, considering the company I find myself with here. Praise from one's "betters" :o Smile , is always a good thing ! 2285_
One more shot, this with the traveling crane in place and a couple more trees set.

I tried a bit of darker blue paint on the "San Confoundus" fault line......maybe it needs a bit of dark green with it, to match.
I may end up having to "mask off" everything but the water and airbrush all of it ! Even then, I will have to look at coming as close as I can to the existing color. ( just because I happen to like it ).
I guess the lesson here is, always buy extra amounts of paints, just in case the manufacturer discontinues that color, which is what happened here. There's several years between the original water, and the new back table's water. All those colors are now out of production.
Oh, yes, the brick building with the green trim, had to be shortened :oops: to two thirds it's original length :o , so the crane could be added to the scene. :oops: Wink Smile
Fortunately, that was not as difficult as it could have been. Icon_lol Cheers
Awesome work Pete ! Cheers Thumbsup
Mike

Mike, see ! I really did pay attention to your layout when I was there......and learned. Thumbsup Thumbsup Wink
If anything Pete we are learning from you. Tha scene looks good enough to go 219 in ! Thumbsup
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:If anything Pete we are learning from you. Tha scene looks good enough to go 219 in ! Thumbsup

Mike, Wink Wink lower right hand corner of this picture; - - - ( yeah I was focused on the name of the Brigantine, but that is a fishing pole in that boy's hands ) Big Grin Big Grin

The kid's got the right idea ! Cheers
Mike