BRICKTOWN & NEW EYGPT
Well guys for along time I've been slowly working on this layout. All of you that where on the Znet have seen the early pics from the start of the addition to the beginings of the bench work. We have since progressed quite a bit.

About the layout; its Penn Central in Nscale era 1965-1975 I built what I grew up with (guess I'm showing my age) Its based on diffrent buildings and ares in which I always found interesting thoughout NJ.

The B&NE is a fictisous short line built and created by myself and a longtime friend butit adds some nice interests.

Attached Files Image(s)

More of the layout, I'll post more as they come.

The layout started as a shelf/wallstyle layout just for switching alot of industrial areas, but as time wenton the Wife and my grandson made changes and we now have a bridge/duck underby the door to make a loop for constant running.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking good! I'm always happy to see another PC themed layout! Is that switcher pulling the car out of the large building painted in the rare Merchant Despatch Shops scheme?! See pic: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://pc.smellycat.com/pics/equip/dsi15.jpg">http://pc.smellycat.com/pics/equip/dsi15.jpg</a><!-- m --> Very cool!
Ralph
Thanks, Unlike most people theres all lindsof colors and options of running gear with PC *aka* worms in love.

Yes thats the despatch shops scheme taken right fromthat photo And if you look close right next to it on the lower track is a scratch built RS3M.

That was noeasy chore in Nscale
Terrific!!!! Thumbsup
I really like Western railroading, especially Santa Fe, but a friend of mine is originally from Lehigh Penn, and is building models for a large layout to be built in his retirement home in Oregon. He wants to model the town where he grew up in the 1970's and has built and custom painted locomotives for the Pennsy, Penn Central, Conrail, C & O, CSX, Reading, and there may be another railroad that came through town in that time frame! As I said, I like the Santa Fe and Western railroading, but if I had a finished barn on my property like he has on the property in Oregon, it would sure be tempting to build a huge layout with interchanges between all of those railroads!
OK guys here we go with a bit more togo. been spending alot of time working on the layout the last few weeks. Cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

Something new almost finshed with the Wonder bread and Chok Fulla Nuts Coffee. So far its come along great. Waiting on my order of goldmedal models to come with the fence and then we will start the supper details. Now to start work on Jerseycity metal forge and safety kleen hazmat plant. :mrgreen:

Attached Files Image(s)

Coming along very nicely! Thumbsup
Why Thank You! I've been side tracked most of this week,been setting up my new NCE DCC system. It works great & itseasy to operate. This is my first DCC layout out of six.Sofar so good. Icon_lol
Good to hear you're going strong with the DCC.... Thumbsup

Love that name ..."Chok Fulla Nuts Coffee".... Goldth Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Good to hear you're going strong with the DCC.... Thumbsup

It was good coffee, too! Thumbsup
I bet...it's probably what most of us drink...and don't even know it.... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
MountainMan Wrote:
Steamtrains Wrote:Good to hear you're going strong with the DCC.... Thumbsup

It was good coffee, too! Thumbsup

Choc fulla nuts is and actual brand, dont know if its around anymore. Use to be a few large plants around my grandparents house and if the wind was right you could smell them all. We had the coffee plant, wonder bread, dolly madison icecream, sunshine biskets and budwieser all within a few miles of the house all served by the PRR/ PC/ Conrail and now I do believe NS has takin the rains, but most of these plants are gone now. SHAME
I still remember the jingle:

"Choc fulla nuts brings you heavenly coffee,
Heavenly coffee, Heavenly coffee.
Choc fulla nuts brings you heavenly coffee,
Better coffee a millionaire's money can't buy!"

I can remember this but I can't recall where I put my keys! Goldth
Ralph