On30 "history"
I saw this post in one of my yahoo groups, and though it might be interesting.

--- In <!-- e --><a href="mailto:On30_Musical_Modeling@yahoogroups.com">On30_Musical_Modeling@yahoogroups.com</a><!-- e -->, "martinkvanhorn" wrote:

> I've always been interested in model railroad history. Over the last 40 years, I've collected complete files of Model Railroader and Model Craftsman (RMC). In 2005, I gave a chronological listing of all On30 articles to Larry Rickert to develop the history on his website. Now, with Larry and Les Davis, I will make a presentation at the Mid-Hudson On30 Meet on the history of On30 gauge.
>
> While working today to prepare for this, I re-read an article by Hugh Boutell in the April, 1952 Model Railroader. It may have been 57 years since I first and last read that article, but I completely missed the photo caption that tells when Hugh built his first O scale narrow gauge loco to run on HO track. It was in 1935. That means next year, 2010, On30 will be 75 years old, and unless this fact is trumpeted, it will be completely overlooked by those who think On30 got its start in 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, or when Bachmann made it commercial. There has been a rebirth of interest every decade so all those dates are valid, but not for the founding of our gauge.
>
> And Hugh, as the first to think of using an established standard gauge in one scale to model narrow gauge in another, larger scale, is sort of a founder of Nn3, HOn30, Sn2, Sn42, and all of the many G "scales". I'm going to try to get the national publications to think about recognizing this milestone in the hobby.
>
> Martin Van Horn

75 years of On30, next year......Hooda thawt dat Confusedhock: Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!