JANUARY 2010 TRAIN SHOWS
POST # 1

Today is Dec 31 2009. After a party tonight next year starts. If it wasn't for these prarties we would never have a new year. So get out and enjoy your selfs.
Their is a Jan 3 train show at Brick NJ. At the Elks hall Lodge 2151, 2491 Hooper Avenue, Brick NJ. I'm no going to this one. The following weekend on Sunday Jan 10 is the New Hope PA train show. I will be there. Their is also a train show on the same day in Garfield NJ, at the Boys and Girls club, 490 Midland Ave, Garfield NJ. I can't be in two places at once, so I'll miss this one. The next weekend, Sat Jan 16 and Jan 17 is the Greenbergh train show at Sommerset NJ. It is at the Garden State Expo center. Additional info online at the greenbergh train show site. I will be there on Sat workimg a table. I am going there also. Jan 23 & 24 is the Merchants Square Mall show in Allentown PA. I will be there on saturday the 23. I will be helping on a table. The next day Jan 24 is also a train show in Dover NJ. I will be there also. It is at there High School off of RT 15, south of RT 80. Jan will be a bussy one for me.

frank

PSS. Thats me standin with the baseball cap, and Stephen, (E-PAW) my son to my left. Charlie seated to my right is a train show vendor and a good friend.The fellow seated dressed very warm is BOB. We all are offical train nuts. This photo was taken at New Hope PA.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
I think I'm working that weekend, but if not I'll make the trip.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
****************The New York Society of Model Engineers train show*********************
** Well I'm back!!!! Wasn't that some kind of movie line like Arnolds " I'll Be Back ". Or there was a Horror movie with " He'sssss baaa ack ", that was said just before someone got killed. Well the show is over. I'm back ! I had a nice time. I was next to a good friend Bob N. We talked a lot, about many things. The time flew by. Bob had some Fleischmann Locos that I bought from him. A pair of F7As and a UP Baldwin switcher. He also had a Red Ball, Borden's Mike car, built, which I also purchased. The white elephant table had a Stewart U25B in New Haven, It's very nice price made it mine. The fellow to my left had a Mantua 2-8-2 Mikado, It was unique because the Mantua boiler wasn't there. It had a Cary boiler. It was all built up and ready to run, and $25. Well it's mine. I also got another dozen cars, and a 3 section Heljan 802 Roundhouse to finish. For me it was a good day.
frank
toptrain Wrote:The white elephant table had a Stewart U25B in New Haven, It's very nice price made it mine. frank

What would it take for it to be mine! Smile Smile Smile Smile Icon_lol
New England Railroad Museum has a U25B that they still run, in New Haven paint.
In fact I painted my Kato C44-9W in the same scheme.

Still would like that U25 though..........
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
88: In a few days I'll get a photo of it on line. It is black with the 3 white strips. Nothing special.
frank
Nothing special!!!!!!
I don't know about that. Does it look like this:

This is my C44-9W painted up like a NH U25B
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Very close. frank
[quote="eightyeightfan1"]Nothing special!!!!!!
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Yes it does. frank
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Nothing special!!!!!!
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

This is my C44-9W painted up like a NH U25B

Here is the U25B I aquired. I made a photo today.
frank

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
**OK this Sat and Sun is the Edison NJ, Greenburg train show. I'll be there all day saturday. Sunday I be watching football and drinking beer. I must partake in the great American past time. Someones got to do it. It may as well be me. I'll sacarfice mayself. No applauds, just throw money. If you can't do that just don't laugh to loud. Loud laughs hurt my feelings. I am a very delicate person.
See you at the train show saturday.
frank
Well tomorrow is the Greenburg train show in Edison New Jersey. I'll get there between 7:30 and 8:00AM. I hope it will be a good day.
frank
**I enjoyed the Greenburg show last saturday. It also was sunday, but I didn't go back. One dealer keeps showing up there. He is always all the way back up against the wall past some of the opperating train layouts but in the center rear of the hall. Three of the last four shows he was there. Each time it is like I don't have to go anyplace else. I do of course. This show I see he has a Walters CNJ FM H-10-44 #9700. I have a walters 9703, and a Hobbyline I painted for 9702. He only had $25. on it. I offered $20 and it was accepted. For some reason he had a life like P2000 PA1 complete drive. No body. I've been looking for one for 5 years now and there it was. He listed it for $20. I offered $15. and got it. Then He also had a pair of LL P2000 SD9s, a pair of GP7s, all Pennsy. The GPs i didn't need. The SDs he had $30. apiece on. both missed pilot steps and one had both coupler mounts broker off. I got the pair for $45. He also had what IHC calls a streamlined pacific. It has some skirting on the walkway. It had a nice paint job. The NYC Mercury in a light gray. No number, just the name Mercury on the cab sides. He listed it for $30. I offered $25. All his prices were very reasonable.
**I am always looking for Trainminature reffers and box cars. These cars are also made by Walters who had purchased the TM line. I seen one which at first glance I took for a Jelkie dairy car, it was a Jerpe dairy products car. It had a red lable on the right saying Packers of Pippin Poultry, milk and fed. On the left was the car owners name Jerpe dairy products Corp. Fayetteville Arkansas. Now this is a name I never saw or herd of before. It had a light tan underframe, so it is a walters wood sided with dreadnout ends It has a recorders mark of JERX 104. Another Walters car I found was a Pennsy X-29 old steel box with the number 55650. I have the walters car in 6 other numbers and didn't ever expect to find a different number, but here it is. In TM I found 2 cars, both old all wood unbraced.A Wilson and a Swift. The Wilson i had allready. The Swift i didn't. There were other cars and a Model power old time 4-6-0 in ATSF. I left there happy.
frank
next train shows posted on post #1
Additional train show Jan 16 and 17 2010 listed in post #1. Greenberg train show Sommerset NJ.