New color options
Some of you have been asking for a color combination that is easier on your eyes. A few people mentioned early on that they have trouble with the white on blue, so after a long wait, we've made a few changes.

For one, we've added several new choices for color schemes. We still have to old standby blue background for those of you that are filled with nostalgia and don't have problems reading the white on blue. For those of you that prefer black text on a light background, we've added three more choices.
  1. Go to your "User Control Panel" (upper left)
  2. Click on the "Board Preferences" tab at the top
  3. Select one of the four choices as "My board style"
  4. Click on "submit" and check out your selection.
  5. Some have the posting info on the left, some have it on the right. Two are full-screen while the other two have borders on the left and right. Make the choice you like best, you can always change if you don't like it.
We've made a few other color changes so that they would be visible with a dark and light background. That includes links which used to show up dark blue, but are now red and should be easier to see.
See, we haven't forgotten, we're just a bit slower than you'd like us to be. Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
White on blue is fine with me.....I do have an issue with the "I"-beam cursor....It's VERY difficult to find at times....Any chance of using something a little more visible..?? Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
I like the "Se Square Left" one, but is there a way to get the "New Posts" button on every page like the normal Dark Color Scheme? I only see the "New Posts" button on the "Board Index Home Page" on all 3 of the new color schemes, and the Dark Color Scheme had the "New Posts" button at the top of every page next to "View Your Posts"
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Gus, as far as I know, your cursor is a function of you OS. I'm not sure about the color of the cursor though since it appears kind of orange to me. Perhaps Pat can take a look at that, it should be white on a dark background and black on a light background.

Josh, Pat can take care of that as well, we should be consistent with where these links are.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Josh, Pat can take care of that as well, we should be consistent with where these links are.

Hey Don, any ETA on when the new posts buttons will be restored to the tops of the pages with all color schemes? Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World