Thorpe Insualtion warehouse
In the Mykawa West industrial park, there is a company called Thorpe Insulation. They have 2 buildings, one looks like a manufacturing building, the other is a warehouse. From their website, it appears that they do industrial insulation on such things as piping, vessels, and boilers. Here are pics of the warehouse.

[Image: building1googleview.jpg]

[Image: building1side.jpg]

[Image: building1spurview1.jpg]

[Image: building1spurview2.jpg]

[Image: building1spurview3.jpg]

[Image: building1bumper.jpg]

[Image: building1spurview4.jpg]

[Image: building1back.jpg]
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary, are those trailers refrigerated or dry vans? I just curious what sort of insulation they make. I had a customer in Anaheim that I used to service before I retired that did insulation for oil and natural gas pipelines. Their insulation was a mix of two components applied as a spray foam in place. The components of the foam were shipped in refrigerated trailers and trucks because 90 degrees f was the critical temp. If the temperature of the component products reached 90 degrees, it would spontaneously combust with explosive force! The chemicals were in 55 gallon barrels. I was called out there on a hot day in August, and found them hosing down a trailer load of barrels. The reefer had quit working and they said that the chemical was explosive enough to level a few of blocks of the city! They were using the water to keep the temp down around 70 degrees or lower to give them plenty of cushion on the 90 degree critical temp.
Russ, i don't really know. Their website is rather vague. I assumed they used solid materials that were glued or wired in place, then coated with some kind of "glop" to smooth and tie everything together. But that is a complete assumption as I mention.

They also say they have insulating brick... and I assume this is for inside fireboxes and boilers and such. Sorry I don't have more info.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:Russ, i don't really know. Their website is rather vague. I assumed they used solid materials that were glued or wired in place, then coated with some kind of "glop" to smooth and tie everything together. But that is a complete assumption as I mention.

They also say they have insulating brick... and I assume this is for inside fireboxes and boilers and such. Sorry I don't have more info.
This one has more info

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thorpecorp.com/constructionservices/refractacid.htm">http://www.thorpecorp.com/constructions ... ctacid.htm</a><!-- m -->
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.