GERN Industries Ltd. - Flux Refining Plant
The "Soft Roasting" (patent pending) process was the result of an unsuccessful early attempt by GERN research scientists to develop plaid upholstery for the auto industry. The treated material from the failed experiment was to be sent for disposal but the employee sent to collect it couldn't handle the 100lb. bags and spilled some on the lab floor. The rest, as they say, is history:
[Image: Fluxolium.jpg]

Wayne
Where do you come up with this stuff Wayne?

Hilarious! Icon_lol
Went down to the LHS for some window glazing and CA...and figured I might as well hire some workers for the plant. All figures shown are from the Woodland Scenics "Dock Workers" set. The crates are leftovers from a Bar Mills kit.

Here at the main dock, we find Bill and Joe handling a new shipment from the home office. Daisy is showing us the safe way to handle a pallet by helping keep the dock clear of trip hazards.

[Image: GERN-3.png]

On the other side of the building, we find Frank (a new hire) with a crowbar in hand, getting ready to open the wrong crate! Hank is rushing in to save the day.

[Image: GERN-5.png]

And here we find Cookie Gibson himself, who has taken a break from the plant inspection to step out for a quick smoke.

[Image: GERN-4.png]
Tony
2-8-2 Wrote:
cn nutbar Wrote:...3% harder and longer

Fluxagra? Misngth

Little Green pill?
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Straightens curves by 3%... Confusedhock:
[Image: GERN-6.png]
Tony
I decided to expand my GERN facility. While at the LHS today, I happened across the Walthers Yard Office and Storage Shed kit.

Given the look of the office building (particularly the windows), I couldn't help but think these would be a great addition to my GERN facility. The shed will likely end up receiving a scratch-built foundation and docks, and serve as a warehouse for the plant.

The main plant (mill), these two new structures, and the industrial detail kit from Green Max should be enough for a fully functional GERN operation.
Tony
Woohoo! Always great to see the expansion of a GERN facility.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:Woohoo! Always great to see the expansion of a GERN facility.

Cheers Great additions to the plant, Tony. Wink Thumbsup

Wayne
The shipping office is almost finished, so here's a sneak peek at the rear entrance:

[Image: GERN-9.png]
Tony
Very nice, and the sign is great!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Hmmm...your industry seems to be in a state of flux. 357
Here's the completed shipping office:

[Image: GERN-10.png]

[Image: GERN-11.png]
Tony