18th St. LA
I am delighted to see another fan of modern industrial "box buildings":-) The double power utility pole with raised transformator looks great. Looking forward to see even more great ideas.
Reinhard
@ faraway: I like those box builings indeed and since they are relatively easy to make, I like them even more 357

But, as promissed I will show and explain a few things about the building process.
Let's start with the billboard.

The billboard is entirely build up out of styrene strips and sheet.
I started out by cutting a piece of sheet to form the base of the board. After that, the framework at the back of the board was constructed aswell as the gangboard at the front and the pillars.

[Image: BB2.jpg]

[Image: BB3.jpg]

The actual advertisement itself is an ad that appears in the game GTA San Andreas Big Grin While playing the game I made a screen shot of the billboard and then remade it with Photoshop to be able to print it in high quality. The print was cut in several wide strips before applying it. Not aligning the strips perfectly, helps to create a more realistic (and run down) look. As a finish the board is weathered with some chalk.

[Image: Billboard.jpg]
Wieger
This miniNatur grass is the same as the Silflor tufts that are available in the US.
Kurt
Hi Wieger --

*Very* nice work - looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Smile,
Stein, just a little North-East of you, across the North Sea :-)
Very nice little tester diorama! I really like the structures and that Transformer! The bridge is looking good too. I am looking forward to seeing some more work out of you

And Welcome to the Gauge
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Thank you guys!!

I will reveal a little secret: the transformer is actually a cooling device from an insulated trailer Misngth

Btw. Stein, nice to see somebody from Norway here, you have to know I like Norwegian trains quite a lot, especially the iconic Di3 engines Big Grin
Though I don't have a Norwegian layout, I do have a Di3 model and a few coaches, couldn't resist :oops:
Wieger
Excellent work Wieger---great to have you onboard
So when do we get to see some more work and the start of the layout after the great work you have done on this "tester" diorama Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World