Univar Chemicals - can you model this?
Found the Bing Bird's eye view. Is there any way to save the images?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:Found the Bing Bird's eye view. Is there any way to save the images?

If you click on the mail icon in the lower left part a window will pop up. That window has a URL that can be accessed via cut and paste. To get the mail icon you must not extend the map view to the full window.
Reinhard
What do I do with the URL now? Can I save it as a JPG file?
Gary S Wrote:What do I do with the URL now? Can I save it as a JPG file?

I would not save the large image but the URL only. You can post it, mail it and store it for later reference. You get the screen picture back in seconds.
Reinhard
Gary, you can only save the URL and not the pic. If you want to save the pic, take a screenshot. Press the "print" button on your keyboard to copy the content on your screen into the Windows clipboard. Then you can create a new file in a photo editor and paste the content of the clipboard into it. Now you can save it as a jpg.

BTW, Gary, your pics are a fantastic source of information, especially those which show the tracks and loading docks. You rarely ever find pics like that. So please, keep them coming!
Kurt
Kurt, you're a genius. That worked perfectly... can paste the image right into photodraw and save it.

I'll keep posting photos as I get them. I've hardly even made a dent in the industrial buildings around here.
Bing view - very cool!

faraway Wrote:
Brakie Wrote:Gary,Not to get to far off topic but,I found those Bing maps to be a priceless research tool...I think Mikey first mention them in chat one night and I checked the maps out the next day and fell in love with the "bird's eye view" feature of these maps.

Larry, I assume most of use are using the birds view and street view to explore new areas. The exceptional value of Gary's photos are the details you need to see to make a "box" a "building". That is especially true if you do not live in the USA and depend on such information. There is a very special situation with this modern profane industrial buildings. They are so very much profane nobody makes photos of them. It is no problem to get thousands of photos of the golden gate bridge and of the big boy here in Germany. But simple industrial buildings and their details are really rare stuff. That is the reason why Gary is of such much value to me and lots of others.

I did just reread my post and it might sound a little bit harsh. It was not my intention to object Larry's recommendation of bing etc. I just wanted to point out why the details of this buildings are so very much welcome. Sorry again Big Grin

No worries mate..I just have a "Bing Thing" when it comes to maps and research since you can follow a industrial branch and see all the industries using "Bird'eye" view....
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!