Kitbashing?
Last time I looked ( about an hour ago) the forum said "Scratchbuilding & Kitbashing" --- sounds pretty well covered to me.
Only thing I would add to the title is "It's gotta have some SOLDER SOMEWHERE"!!
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:Last time I looked ( about an hour ago) the forum said "Scratchbuilding & Kitbashing" --- sounds pretty well covered to me.
Only thing I would add to the title is "It's gotta have some SOLDER SOMEWHERE"!!
Kinda hard to solder plastic, but we can try anything once. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
My favorite term:Scratchbashing,
The about covers eeverything.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:My favorite term:Scratchbashing,
The about covers eeverything.
I do that when I do my woodworking, scratching my arms and bashing my fingers. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Me too!
Scratch the nice paint job...Then bash the project with a hammer!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Quote:Kinda hard to solder plastic, but we can try anything once.

Actually............. I had an eccentric crank, made of Delrin, that had been broken, when someone picked up the loco, with a little too much....gusto? yeah that'll work.
Even the glue that was supposed to hold Delrin, wouldn't hold, so, I took a bit of Delrin sprue, and used it to "solder" the two pieces of the crank back together.
The repair has lasted for about three years now.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Scratchbuilding in one hand Kitbashing in the other . Really no differance ?
Maybe ? 35 35 35
Sumpter250 Wrote:

Actually............. I had an eccentric crank, made of Delrin, that had been broken, when someone picked up the loco, with a little too much....gusto? yeah that'll work.
Even the glue that was supposed to hold Delrin, wouldn't hold, so, I took a bit of Delrin sprue, and used it to "solder" the two pieces of the crank back together.
In model railroading the old boyscout moto works everytime.
No not always be prepared. IIIIIMMMMPPPRRROOOOVVVVIIIISSSEEEE. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Sumpter250 Wrote:

Worship
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
Gee, I've been called an eccentric crank...can you fix ME ???

Sorry - had to say that ! :oops: Bob C
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Art Curren, the doyen of kitbashing, really wished it had been called 'kit mingling' or something other than 'bashing'. I'm not that picky (and have rarely been moved to actually BASH, physically or verbally, any of my kits.)

Thanks for the name change on the forum...WOW...responsive moderators! Big Grin

See you around the forum.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Quote:Thanks for the name change on the forum...WOW...responsive moderators!
Responsiveness, is one of the reasons "big Blue" got "reborn". We hope to keep this place responsive.

Quote:Gee, I've been called an eccentric crank...can you fix ME ???

Absolutely Bob C!....but if I do, you will have to work.....forever! Icon_twisted :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!