P2K SD7....Flumoxed....
Sometime ago I shorted out this engine, letting the smoke out of the decoder and damaging the PC board as well. I purchased a replacement PC board, installed it and set it on the rails. No decoder - I inserted the "jump" pin into the quick-disconnect plug. Turns out the engine runs fine, but...no lights. If I reverse the pin the lights work, but...no motor. Nope
So...does any one have any ideas..?? It was working fine 'till I let the smoke out....
Gus (LC&P).
I'm not familiar with this loco. Is there a second PC board for the lights? If so, you may have a burned out diode that caused the lights not to work. As to what would make them work and the motor not when you reverse the plug, I don't have a clue. Post a pic or two of the internal workings as this might help.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Anyone else..?? I've checked everything that I can check and I just don't get it.... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
bit confused here I thought that you removed the pc board that came with a loco to install DCC one. other than that what run of P2K is it there are three different runs (that i know of) one is not Dcc ready ?
jim
The engine came with a DCC "ready" board, to just plug in a separate decoder. The original decoder & board were damaged so original board replaced with new one, which is the one with the lights or motor conflict when operated on DC. The decoder I had installed originally just plugged into the 8-pin receptacle on the board, but I operated it for a long time on DC before installing the decoder. Now when operated on DC I get this one or the other problem.... Shoot
Gus (LC&P).