Charlie b's layout
I was back at it tonight for a while and when I looked at the addition I thought it looked like it would be too large for the area I have in mind. It appears to be about 36 feet long so I decided 24 would be plenty because it really doesn't appear to be a shop to work on more than one car at a time, so the front will be short a window.  So I cut out the sides for it and installed the windows and doors.     

It might be a while before I get back to it. My friend just brought me about 1200 slides that I want to scan for him. Starting in May of 1968. Lots of neat PC stuff too as well as Erie Lackawana Once they are done I will ask for permission to share.  
Charlie
Of course it isn't going to be exact because I don't want it on a grade but work continued for a while today. Things are glued together with a roof and some of the trim.          Charlie
That's takin' shape nicely, Charlie!     Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Thumbsup
Good to see someone progressing!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Well, trim painting never was my forte' but a second coat will be needed as well as some scraping where it looks like I used a four inch brush. I should have waited for warmer conditions but I can repair my mistakes. I just had to keep doing stuff.      

I have the sign glued to the polystyrene waiting for the glue to dry then I can cut it out and bolt it to the building.     

For the roofing I can see in the original picture that it was corrugated metal so I used an old EIDE computer cable and burnished some aluminum foil over it to get the material     

You have to pull the eraser in the same direction but it is a cheap way to make corrugated metal.     I want to try doing some with foil tape but I didn't have any on hand.

I have to wait for glue to dry to trim the edges and then a little roof coating  and jut a tiny bit of rust.  
Charlie
Big Grin 
Lots more to do but I had to set it in temporarily to see what it would look like. You have to take pictures to see what needs done . I think it is going to be a neat little addition and my first scratch build. Only took 75 years to get brave enough to try. I have a lot to learn I hope I have enough time left.  Icon_e_biggrin         Charlie
(04-01-2019, 08:50 PM)Charlie B Wrote:

.... I think it is going to be a neat little addition...

I totally agree, Charlie, and it fits right in!

Wayne
Nice Charlie. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Looks right at home!
Mike

Another project...     Charlie
Charlie
which Aerotrain is that? I have one car from Varney.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(05-31-2019, 07:49 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Charlie
which Aerotrain is that?  I have one car from Varney.

This is the bowser version. I understand they bought the varney molds.

Charlie
Nice job on the roofing. Neat train.
Mike

Like the trestle, that shot is magazine worthy... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(06-01-2019, 08:35 AM)ezdays Wrote: Like the trestle, that shot is magazine worthy... Thumbsup Thumbsup

The trestle was a gift from Railcop. I had to design the layout in that area so I could use it. He did a great job. 
Charlie