Charlie b's layout
(04-07-2020, 08:46 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Those decals look really good, Charlie, as do the underbodies for your AeroTrain cars.  Of course, I wouldn't have expected anything less from you.

Wayne

This whole project has taken a life of its own. I tried using heavy polystyrene but there was too much flex and the cars were derailing. I left some room for adjustment on the trucks and I was also able to use the original Bowser  pedestals for the other cars. The underbodies are not visible at all from track side so my main concern is keeping the cars on the track. 
The cars couple close and I may have to alter the couple swing so they don't pull each other off the track. It has taken time away from the quarry project. 
Charlie
(04-07-2020, 09:11 AM)Charlie B Wrote: .....It has taken time away from the quarry project.

Yeah, there's always something interrupting things which we've planned out earlier, but it just now struck me how fortunate we are to have this great hobby to occupy and amuse us in these difficult times.

There are so many who had nothing but their job and perhaps some on-line diversion with which to amuse themselves - many of those jobs have been put on hold, and the internet is now often incapacitated by overuse.

We a lucky little boys (and girls) to have such a thing to which we can turn.

Wayne
Wayne the golf courses are still open! Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(04-08-2020, 06:52 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Wayne the golf courses are still open!  Big Grin

Well, they may be open where you are, Mike, but they're all closed here.  In fact, a woman, out walking her dog on one of the nearby golf courses was issued a ticket for over $850.00, simply for being on the course.  Apparently, she wasn't the only one there, as there were several others strolling around (it's a shortcut to a nearby hiking trail - all of which are also closed.

I'm not a golfer anyways...the only golf I've ever played is an EA game which my son has, and I fared very poorly.  He's here visiting us, from the east coast, and brought a bunch of his games.  I've learned that I'm not a very good race car driver either, but am somehow a pretty good boxer.

Wayne
I keep waiting for them to close the course (it's about the only thing still open) but so far it's still open. There have been changes made. Only one to a cart, no flag sticks that you can grab a hold of. The cups are in upside down so the ball sits high in the cup so you don't touch the cup when you retrieve the ball and of course before you get in the cart you wipe it down everywhere with a disinfecting wipe. Only 2 people allowed to go in the clubhouse to pay at a time and maintain 6 feet at all times. Because I have to touch the door handle to get in and out I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the cart and wash my hands as soon as I come out. I also pay with exact change so I don't have to handle any change. While one does need to take care of the physical health you also need to take care of your mental health as well and keeping people ibside 24/7 can lead to depression, suicide and homicide. I live in the country so I can step outside and go for a walk, target shoot or garden with out leaving the property, but I feel for those that are trapped inside an apartment or condo.
Mike

Well, the Aerotrain is  runable. https://youtu.be/eY-xm9-dQhw

Charlie
(04-19-2020, 07:18 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Well, the Aerotrain is  runable....

And it runs pretty nicely, too. Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
WOW!!! Icon_e_surprised Charlie, you succeeded where I failed  Worship Worship  Worship

I too, years ago, bought the bowser Aerotrain(UP version of coarse Goldth  ), and tried to get it running, I actually did but it was plagued with so many problems that I just flat out gave up on that project at the time. I still have the engine and all the cars but have since bought the HO ConCor running Aerotrain, it looks and runs great too. 

BTW, LOVED the vid!! Applause Applause and I subbed! (also loved your fur kids vid Icon_e_biggrin )
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
(04-19-2020, 08:02 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: WOW!!! Icon_e_surprised Charlie, you succeeded where I failed  Worship Worship  Worship

I too, years ago, bought the bowser Aerotrain(UP version of coarse Goldth  ), and tried to get it running, I actually did but it was plagued with so many problems that I just flat out gave up on that project at the time. I still have the engine and all the cars but have since bought the HO ConCor running Aerotrain, it looks and runs great too. 

BTW, LOVED the vid!! Applause Applause and I subbed! (also loved your fur kids vid Icon_e_biggrin )

Deano, I made aluminum plates (1/8 inch thick) to mount the axles on and keep the cars ridged I still have to put the interiors in the cars. I also added 2.5 oz of weight so the total weight is 5.5 oz per car.  It will not be run often but I wanted one.  As for subscribing, I haven't added much lately. 

Charlie
Nice shot, pretty train!
Mike

Charlie---I always look forward to updates on the Wilderson Division---looking good,especially the videos.
I'm getting ready to do a lot of under layout work so I need a creeper so I can be comfortable. I have 20 switch machines to install and many connections for lighting in the buildings.  I had a cheap Harbor Freight dolly that donated the 4 casters.  I built 2 frames, the one without wheels will be placed on top of the bottom one with risers to the needed height.  Over all probably 16 inches as the table tops are 40 inches in most places.     
Charlie
WOW! a huge task Charlie, I admire you for doing it Worship .

Years back I had dreams a couple layouts ago, of putting in lights, a lot of work, got about 3/4 the way through it and somehow I popped ALL THE LIGHTS! CRIPES! ....I sat there for what seemed like forever in disbelief that it even happened, and just threw the towel in on that project Icon_cry  . I always thought lights made layouts just that much better, totally AWESOME when finished, much respect to you good sir! Worship Applause 

Powered switches, very nice, kinda a pain to do, but never had problems with them, though I never had them on any of my layouts, I put several on many of my Dads layouts. 

Cant wait to see your progress on this project Charlie! Applause Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
I have about 20 switch machines on my layout. I installed most of them as I went along, some after the fact. My layout sat dormant for years when I finally fired it up again. I was trouble shooting some issues and couldn't figure out why I could hear a turnout throw but could not see any points moving...it drove me nuts. The I discovered that sometime in the past I removed a turnout, and laid straight track over top, but didn't remove the Tortoise which was still powered up and connected to the decoder. I was literally scratching my head trying to figure out what was going on. LOL!!!

Anyways. Building those creepers is a great idea. It will certainly help you feel a little more comfortable when you're under the layout.
So you have a spook layout Icon_question

Lutz