Action at the roundhouse
Triplex Wrote:...The prettiest Canadian steam are the late CP 2-8-2s and 4-6-2s with recessed headlights, like the Royal Hudsons and other CP streamliners except not really streamlined.

The aesthetics of locomotives (or anything) is purely subjective. Wink While I admired many CPR locomotives, it generally wasn't for their appearance, although the snazzy paint jobs certainly didn't hurt.
My favourite, bar none, was the NYC J-1 and the original J-2 Hudsons, with the J-3s close behind.

Wayne
Hello Everyone---my favourite CNR steam engines were the S-1 Mikados---here's a view of the engineer's side of S-1-D 3377 as she rolls onto the turntable

[Image: 050-1.jpg]
Hello Everyone---there's not a lot of room left as "Beeg Boy" takes a ride

[Image: 41931002.jpg]
Here's the engineer's side of #4193

[Image: 11a3011-1.jpg]
Hello Everyone---CNR U-3-A #6309 getting ready for another day of hauling fast freight

[Image: 111i015-1.jpg]
Very nice photos. Well done. CN is being well served. Thumbsup
Geared is the way to tight radii and steep grades.

Ghost River Rwy.
"The Misty Loggers"
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5qJPRumLA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5qJPRumLA</a><!-- m -->
Thanks Geared,and welcome to Big Blue.The setting sun helps to highlight #4300's details.It's interesting to note the Vanderbilt tender which was not common on these locomotives---too bad as I think they looked much better than her regular tender

[Image: 43006005-1.jpg]
very nice!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Hello Everyone---once in a while "foreign power" makes an appearance.Here's EG&E Warrior class northern #506

[Image: 2005083-2.jpg]
Mr. Nutbar --

Nice shutterbuggin' there, Candy Guy! The steamers are really nice! i'm partial to the ungainly beauty of camelbacks but I can appreciate the flowing lines of a rear cab loco, too. Wink

But maybe you could shoot me an e-mail about your turntable and roundhouse ... I'm nearing the point where I'm going to have to make some decisions in that area ... "that area" being an engine servicing facility ... or you can tell us all here in the forum. The modeling of those two structures deserves a kind word or two ... Nice Work! (Two kind words.)

I think my e-mail address is in my profile, otherwise I left a piece of paper wedged under the second seat of Barney Secord's flying machine. 357

biL
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
You have a wonderful collection of steam engines. I enjoy them each time you post a new one Thumbsup
Reinhard
Hello Bill---welcome to the guage and thank you for your kind remarks.First of all,all credits must be directed to Doctor Wayne who has done so much for me in developing my collection including the turntable and roundhouse.The turntable is from Diamond Scale,I believe it's the 105 ft. version.The roundhouse is a six stall Vollmer kit which the Doc assembled and painted.I remember when Wayne built the turntable it presented some challenges but it works great and is fully indexed---this is one of my favourite locations on my "layout" and offers a great scene for photographing my locomotives.I hope Doctor Wayne will provide his expertise on any technical issues
Hello Reinhard---thank you.I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy following your threads---I'm especially impressed with your green and yellow diesels
Hello again---here's heavy pacific J-7-C #5303.These fast and powerful locomotives were ideally suited for hauling commuter trains where frequent stops and starts were handled with ease.

[Image: 53032008.jpg]
Hello Everyone---here's another CNR Pacific (4-6-2)---this time K-3-B #5588---this locomotive has been preserved and is on display in Windsor Ontario

[Image: 4300f030-1.jpg]