In the Beginning.... The BCR
I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the Beaver Central Rail (BCR). This is my freelanced logging line based in Canada. It is a work in progress with much more yet to go. Right now I just recently got the bench work up and most of the foam in place. I will be adding roadbed and track next as i want to get some trains running. I had hoped to have the track in place by Christmas time but had to take 2 weeks off to finish a bathroom renovation. I will try and keep this thread updated as i progress along. For now here are a few quick pics that I snapped with my cell phone last night. I do have a good camera as well so at some point i will try and get some better pics.

The Layout is a cut up 4x8 that works out to about a 5x9.

The trackplan is roughly basked of this one that can be found in a really old MR magazine and in the logging for model railroads book they publish.

[Image: 0630_001.jpg]

[Image: IMG00016-20081218-2158.jpg]
[Image: IMG00015-20081218-2158.jpg]
[Image: IMG00014-20081218-2158.jpg]
[Image: IMG00013-20081218-2158.jpg]
[Image: IMG00012-20081218-2157.jpg]
Nice start you got there, you gotta like them risers. Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Looks like your off to a great start, i like your trackplan Thumbsup Thumbsup

I like the weathering on mine too Thumbsup Goldth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
That's a challenging looking track plan, coupled with looks to be the start of some rugged terrain! Can't wait to see your progress! Thumbsup
Bemish, great plan wonder what an On30 version would look like Thumbsup
Beamish Wrote:I had hoped to have the track in place by Christmas time but had to take 2 weeks off to finish a bathroom renovation.

Where are your priorities Beamish?! Goldth Well, if you must have a bathroom I guess that's OK but do keep us updated on RR progress. Smile
Ralph
Looks like a fun track plan, to build and to run. And it looks like a perfect winter project :mrgreen:
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
That's a really busy trackplan! You're off to a great start, and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Thumbsup
Megill River & Lighthorse in On30:
Fictional Northern Canadian Line.
Linking the Y&WP To Dolly Varden Mines Rwy.

NARA Member Number 74.
Thanks to all. I am looking forward to building this trackplan. Wehen i first found it i fell in love and took a long time analyzing it and making it my own. Over the next few weeks i will be visiting with family and wont have much time for the railroad but i hope to get things moving quickly in the new year. Besides when it is -40*C here plus a wind chill, all I really want to do is stay inside and play. Smile
Is this HO scale?
I like the track plan, & it'll be really interesting visually, because of all the various levels of scenery above & below the track grade.
-Drew-
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
Yes it is HO scale.

I got a few small things for Christmas to add to the layout. However most wont be useful for a while yet. I got a some small details like people, logs, trees, one building for the town side of the layout( cornerstone farmer's elevator) and a few tools to use while building. Also got a real nice calendar of steam locomotives to look at while i am supposed to be working, and a steam train puzzle to build while watching TV.
WOW....that is all i can say to that trackplan Thumbsup .looks quite complicated to build! what are your maximum grades on that puppy?--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
I have not yet mneasured any. Mostly i am using the woodland scenics risers with a 4% grade. There may be a few spots that end up being closer to 5% but for logging and small small rolling stock it should not be any issue.

On a side note we are in the process of moving so things might get delayed a bit. Good thing i anticipated this and it should be easy to save the layout and get it transfered. In the meantime iwill be working away at a few of the small kits I have.
Since we are trying to sell our house i have been only able to work on some kits at the kitchen table.

Here is what i did the other night,

A woodland scenics saw mill and a Walters bridge. Both still need paint but i will wait for either the weatherman to turn up the heat or until i can get into the garage at the new house.

Sorry about the quality but i took the pics on my phone. I am not exactly sure where we packed the camera when we cleaned up to show our house. 35

[Image: img00019200901221949646ef9.jpg]
[Image: img00016200901221916645mh0.jpg]

[Image: img00018200901221949646rt7.jpg]
[Image: img00017200901221949646qg1.jpg]