Getting started
Greentings all, and Happy Holidays,

I was just contacted by my friend up at the Kiski Junction Railroad and told about this new site. I had been a 'lerker' at the old site but I don't think I ever posted, just observed. However, this time I think I'll post from time to time.

My name is Kevin and as you may have figured out from my handle I'm a railroad cop (32 years). I've been a modeler for.......oh maybe 50 years! Well, at least I've been interested in trains that long. I've been building models for at least 40 years and am working on my final layout (I hope). I live in western PA and visit the KJR regularly.

Anyway, that's me. And I hope to drop in often and give my 2 cents worth now and again.

Later,

KT
Welcome KT! Glad to have you aboard. One thing to keep in mind around here - pictures! We likes pictures! Big Grin

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
This just proves what a friendly place this is. They let everyone on this board.
I've known Kevin for 16 years and it has been a pleasure from the beginning. We worked together as volunteers on the LBCV, Negley, Ohio and when I took this job Kevin spent a good many days with a 5 foot wrench in his hands tightening 5 miles of rail joints that hadn't been tightened for many, many years, if ever. He has done his tour installing rail and ties the old fashioned way too.
Welcome aboard Kev.
I forgot to mention, and I know Kevin is too modest, but he has the December shot on the 2009 NS calendar.
Charlie
welcome kevin! nice to see you on here. hope all is good with you and your family.

todd
Hey Todd, Thanks, how's it going?

C, thanks for the intro. Those were some good days weren't they? But that wrench got heavy fast!

Fiatfan, I'll do my best to get some pics posted. Here's the one C was talking about. I shot this back on Dec. 12, 2007. I was just messing around to see how some night shots would come out. I was shocked when NS chose it for their 2009 calendar. It's not a model but it's a start.

Kevin

Attached Files Image(s)

Kevin, Welcome

Any friend of Charlie and Todd's, is A-OK in my book Thumbsup , GLAD to have you aboard! :mrgreen:
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Nice to see you participating. Smile Hope you talk a lot LOL Big Grin
Icon_lol
My name is Stephen and I want to give back to this great hobby.
So please pop over to my website and enjoy the free tutorials.
If you live near me maybe we can share layouts. Smile
Have fun and God bless.
http://fsm1000.googlepages.com
Hi, Kevin. Nice to see you "coming out" of lurk mode to play with us. Congrats on the calender photo - it's a real beauty - Fast Fred would be :mrgreen: GREEN ! Welcome to the NEW PLACE. Enjoy. Bob C
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Hi, Kevin. And WELCOME!! That is one awesome photo! Congratulations on getting it published!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"