Prrnortheastcorridor.com Philly in Ho scale
Having commuted into the city every day for nine months or so from Wayne, PA to go to Philadelphia College of Art freshman year (1965-66) and passing through both 30th Street Station and Suburban Station twice a day during that time, you have both taken me back as well as taken my breath away! [ Stop! Thief! ] ( Now it's time out to breathe from my oxygen cylinder. ) Wink

Absulutely awesome model work, Steve, and from where I sit, an incredible representation of the Center City Philly railroad scene that I recall! Worship Worship Worship Worship

So please allow us the pleasure of more great photo updates as you ad to this really cool layout. Cheers

[The fact that SEPTA has connected the former Reading Company's Reading Terminal with the former Pennsy's Suburban Station with a subterrainian right-of-way, without disrupting what was going on up on the surface streets, so that it is now possible to go from Paoli in the far western suburbs, straight through the center of Philadelphia and back out and up to Fox Chase in the northeast section of Philly without having to walk six blocks to change trains is a grand addition to the already comprehensive mass transit system in Philadelphia!]

Edit: Corrected an embarrassing grammatical error! :oops:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Oh my, looks like you're in! cool photos, now you have to do some Reading to make it complete!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Holy Cow! Those structures look amazing!!
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Hello All
I posted a "progress" video on Youtube featuring Trains, Trolleys and LRVs on my PRRnortheastcorrido r Railroad. All trains run off of Live DCC catenary and Trolleys and LRVs run off of Live DCC overhead wire. This is a modern city layout based on Philadelphia with working traffic lights, crossing lights and a start of RR signal system. The city features two large stations, skyscrapers and neighborhoods "still in construction"

Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj3vQ77p0DE
Steve Smith
1:1 railroad architect
1:87 railroad architect
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.prrnortheastcorridor.com">www.prrnortheastcorridor.com</a><!-- w -->
Steve ...
I believe there might be a synapse error in your link, as I got a "... not found ..." message when I clicked on it. :?: :? :arrow: Sad
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
As someone who traveled over the rails for years the layout is awesome.

I felt like I was back riding the Marcus Hook Local and then the Paoli Local to work!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
P5se Camelback Wrote:Steve ...
I believe there might be a synapse error in your link, as I got a "... not found ..." message when I clicked on it. :?: :? :arrow: Sad
fix it .. thankz
Steve Smith
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.prrnortheastcorridor.com">www.prrnortheastcorridor.com</a><!-- w -->
AHhhhhhhh! Much better! And ... very cool! Thumbsup Big Grin Thumbsup
biL

New Pictures of Painted track at Broad Interlocking
[Image: 4818155698_e95b52ffc6.jpg]
[Image: 4817532617_c561692e5e.jpg]
[Image: 4818155782_f8fda58945.jpg]
Steve Smith
cool stuff right there! on a side note, how do you wire diamonds and slip switches with the catenary?
HHP meets E60 at 30th street station with highline in background
[Image: 4906888025_b6dc363fb4.jpg]

catenary is this section is a little rough its about 20+ years old
[Image: 4906887853_718c4b71bf.jpg]

Cab view of 30th street station. 7 tracks under the station building with one bypass track
[Image: 4907478066_2aa8217916.jpg]

Still have to ballast !!
Steve Smith
Good stuff my friend. I love the middle shot with the HHP-8.

Perhaps though, you could kill two birds with one stone. If you have to ballast, maybe you could rework the wire at the same time. Maybe just a section or two of wire at a time, and just remove the old stuff, ballast that track, then install some newer smoother wire. Don't have to tear down the whole layout, just a little bit at a time.

Chris
ac_catenary Wrote:Still have to ballast !!
Good luck with that rats nest. Make note tom (me), never do catenary Icon_lol Icon_lol

Still looks great either way Cheers
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.