GERN Industries Gibson Works...
GERN originated in Canada in the mid-'50s, and there are currently over 40 GERN modellers, with representatives from North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. There may be Members from other continents participating, but not everyone wishes to reveal that type of information. Goldth
Anyone wanting to participate in the fun, simply send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a bunch of GERN material: ads, billboards, calendar illustrations and other information. If you wish to create your own GERN rolling stock, please contact me for appropriate numbers - this is only to avoid duplication.

Wayne
Just don't forget. GERN is 3% better than the other leading brand.
Charlie
yay! more GERN, that's good! as we all know, 'When it's GERN, it's good!'.

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Hi there,
I was working on my GERN Industries complex for some time and finally placed it in his final space.Next is to fill,sand and primer it....Is there a typical color for GERN buildings?
[Image: 11.12.14%2B-%2B1]
Used two Red Wing Mill Kits and one ADM Grain elevator kit.....hope to get started with some scenery,too....but have a bad back so no modelling this time....Hope to mount the track and roadbed soon and also the last part of the backdrop.....
[Image: 11.12.14%2B-%2B2]

More will follow when I´m getting better with my back....

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
I don't get the announcements anymore...what's the latest GERN product these days?
Twist Wrote:....Is there a typical color for GERN buildings?...

There's no "company colours" as such, so you can use any colour you wish, and that goes for the degree of weathering, too. The main purpose of GERN is as a traffic generator, and Mr. Gibson doesn't want to place excessive restrictions on what each modeller does: after all, it's suitable for whatever era you wish to model and whatever locale, too.

MountainMan Wrote:I don't get the announcements anymore...what's the latest GERN product these days?

As I recall, the last release was the calendar art from last year. My brother, the originator of GERN and source of most of the advertising material, has been working under contract for the last year-or-so, and then began renovating his house.
When he has time to create more, I'll pass it along to all GERN modellers as it becomes available.

Wayne
There's nothing like the classic ads.

I still worry about Grandpa ending up in Arnprior -- especially from a start in Chippawa.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Well, it's nothing major, but I've been asked to send this along to not only the GERN modellers, but to all Members of Big Blue, from Cookie Gibson:

Wayne
Thanks!!!!! Hope that works for the food too... 3% more to eat Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Thanks!!!!! Hope that works for the food too... 3% more to eat Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Does that mean 3% more weight to lose after the festive season is over?
train Popcornbeer Cheers
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:Does that mean 3% more weight to lose after the festive season is over?
train Popcornbeer Cheers
Mark
That kind of stuff is exponentional...

It means 9% more weight to lose Eek Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Oh dear me! 35 Wallbang
But a sprinkling of GERN Flux on your diet drink means 3% more weight loss.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:But a sprinkling of GERN Flux on your diet drink means 3% more weight loss.

But I only drink Energy Drinks laced with GERN for 3% more energy and performance.

Or I add a spoonful of GERN to my coffee for 3% more flavour, energy and a bigger caffeine hit.
A minor side effect is that it puts 3% more hairs on my chest, which is a minor problem for us blokes but a major problem for the ladies, requiring 3% more trips to the beauty terrorist, I mean beauty therapist.

Mark
BR60103 Wrote:But a sprinkling of GERN Flux on your diet drink means 3% more weight loss.
Sounds good to me!!! Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75